View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Tracie76
Elite Fan

Hart of Dixie S&S #21: From cake smearing to marshmallows, season 2 is off to a sweet start

Cast;
Rachel Bilson as Dr Zoe Hart
Wilson Bethel as Wade Kinsella
Scott Porter as George Tucker
Jamie King as Lemon Breeland
Cress Williams as Lavon Hayes
Tim Matheson as Dr. Brick Breeland

Crew;
Josh Schwartz, executive producer and writer
Leila Gerstein, executive producer and writer

Season two returns with fast-talking New Yorker Zoe Hart (Rachel Bilson), whose carefully planned life as a cardio-thoracic surgeon in New York City somehow went awry. Zoe is now officially a general practitioner in tiny BlueBell, Alabama, where the neighbors take care of one another, the mailman knows your name, there’s a parade every Tuesday…but the townsfolk still aren’t quite sure what to make of Dr. Zoe Hart. Yet she won’t let that discourage her from being the best GP in the country.

Last season, arriving in quaint, picturesque Bluebell, Zoe warmed to town golden boy, George Tucker (Scott Porter), and clashed with Dr. Brick Breeland (Tim Matheson). Zoe’s presence will continue to cause friction with Brick’s daughter Lemon (Jaime King) -- the sweet southern belle that struggles to keep things civil with Zoe, especially after George calls off his wedding with Lemon, and all of BlueBell blames Dr. Hart.

Zoe lives in the guesthouse of her best friend and Bluebell’s mayor, Lavon Hayes (Cress Williams), her confidant and steadfast supporter. Next door, local bad-boy and mischievous charmer Wade Kinsella (Wilson Bethel) sparks a little fire within Zoe that leads to romance, despite the torch she carries for George.

Upcoming Episode Promos:

Next episodes;

2.04 - Suspicious Minds: - directed by John Stephens, written by Jamie Gorenberg | Airdate: 10/23/12
DOUBLE TROUBLE — While Zoe (Rachel Bilson) tries to keep things casual with Wade (Wilson Bethel), she becomes jealous after she sees him with another woman. Zoe decides to two can play at that game, and sets up a date with Ruby’s (guest star Golden Brooks) cousin. Reluctantly, Lavon (Cress Williams) agrees to let Lemon (Jaime King) be his campaign manager, but he unexpectedly becomes part of a town scandal when he takes the fall for her, a move which could end up costing him the Mayoral race. Meanwhile, with Lemon out of the house, Brick (Tim Matheson) and Magnolia (guest star Claudia Lee) struggle with the household chores and devise a plan to get Lemon to come back. Scott Porter also stars. Golden Brooks and Laura Bell Bundy guest star. [source]
From Sides:
Zoe goes out on a date with Ruby's cousin. She is more into making Wade jealous/notice her than really participating in her date. Wade seems to not really understand why she is trying to get a reaction from him so he doesn't engage her. George is busy trying to break up with Shelby. Lemon is acting as Lavon's campaign manager. Lemon and Lavon have quite the adventure together at the Dixie Stop.
  • Zoe goes out on a date with Ruby's cousin, Zach, but she is more occupied with trying to make Wade jealous than with her date. [source]
  • Someone thinks that she may be pregnant [source] and goes to the local grocery store to shop for a pregnancy test. [source]
  • Lemon becomes Lavon's campaign manager. Lavon takes the blame when Lemon is caught stealing. [source]
2.05 - Walkin' After Midnight: - directed by Joe Lazarov, written by Veronica Becker and Sarah Kucserka | Airdate: 10/30/12
TRICK OR TREAT — With Halloween right around the corner, Zoe (Rachel Bilson) begins to notice some odd occurrences happening in her home. She is shocked to discover that the culprit is George (Scott Porter), but she soon realizes that he may have a sleepwalking issue. Concerned for his safety, they decide to conduct a sleep study, forcing her to cancel her big plans with Wade (Wilson Bethel). Meanwhile, the Mayoral race between Lavon (Cress Williams) and Ruby (guest star Golden Brooks) is close, and AnnaBeth (guest star Kaitlyn Black) comes up with an unusual plan that may help him clinch the election leaving Lemon (Jaime King) feeling uneasy. Kelen Coleman (The Newsroom) guest stars. [source]
From Sides:
Halloween theme episode. There is something going on with George, perhaps medically? It isn't really clear. Lavon is working to get votes with help from Lemon and AnnaBeth. Single George seems to be very popular. It seems like Zoe and Wade have some sort of agreement that involves exclusivity.
  • George will have 3 separate women interested in him and none of them are Zoe. He takes a real interest in one of them. [source]
  • George is getting a new love interest! Presley is a tomboy with a wicked, smart sense of humor. [source]
  • Someone is dressed as Mr. Bond for Halloween [source]
2.06 - I Walk the Line: - directed by Tim Matheson, written by Donald Todd | Airdate: 11/6/12 (?)
From Sides:
Tansy's back. Election themed episode.
  • “It is Bluebell,” notes Gerstein, “so a chicken — the Pickin’ Chicken — may decide who wins.” [source]
2.07 - Baby, Don't Get Hooked on Me:
From Sides:
Rose's crush develops a crush of his own...on Zoe. Zoe seems to be hinting to Wade that she would like a little more romance.
  • When Zoe has to treat the football team for foot fungus, one of the football players develops a crush on her. There is also a flash mob. [source]
2.08 - Achy Breaky Hearts:
From Sides:
While helping a troubled kid, Wade appears to gain some insight into his own insecurities. George seems to be determined to have a talk with Wade that Wade is trying to avoid. Lavon has relationship problems and talks to Zoe about it. A mysterious man is in town to see Ruby.
  • "Hart of Dixie": Prepare your ovaries, girls. While we wouldn't necessarily choose Wade as the best role model ever for a group of young kids, when he and George take a Little Rangers youth group camping, we'll see him form a special bond with one boy... and we will swoon. (Of course, Wade's main priority on the camping trip is avoiding George, which George doesn't make particularly easy.) [source]
  • A corporate headhunter is visiting Bluebell. [source]
2.09 - Sparks Fly: - directed by Norman Buckley, written by Jamie Gorenberg | Airdate: 11/27/12
From Sides:
Zoe and Wade appear to still be together. George is dating Tansy. Zoe doesn't appear to be bothered by it.
  • A bunch of people are returning in this episode: Shelby, Walt (kissed Lemon in ep. 2.03), Carrie (****ty nurse hitting on Wade in ep. 2.05)
  • Rose Falcon and her band were on set filming. [source]
2.10 - Blue Christmas:
From Sides:
Christmas episode. Zoe's mom is in town for a visit. Tansy is still around. Crazy Earl makes an appearance.
  • Wade finds Zoe a rent-a-Santa. [source]
  • Shelby, played by Laura Bell Bundy, is in this episode. [source]
2.11 - Old Alabama
From Sides:
Zoe and Wade are still together and appear to be actual boyfriend & girlfriend and it is common knowledge. Shelby is in this episode. George seems to be the go to guy for advice about relationships.
  • An ex-band mate and friend of Wade's, Meatloaf, will tease Wade for preferring to spend time with Zoe over hanging out with the guys. [source]
Guest Stars;

Season 1
Scotty McCreery as himself
Justin Hartley as Wade's brother
Gary Cole as Zoe's dad

Season 2
Golden Brooks as Ruby Jeffries (Lavon's high school sweetheart and Lemon's rival, befriends Zoe)
Charlie Robinson as Sgt. Jeffries
Laura Bell Bundy as Shelby (potential love interest for George)
Kelen Coleman as Presley (love interest for George)
Mircea Monroe as Tansy (Wade's Ex-Wife season 1 & 2)
McKayla Maroney as Tonya, a friend of Rose's

General Spoilers;

"You, at first, see him very focused and driven in forging ahead with life and thinking that his life is gonna be with Zoe, then very quickly finding out that that might not be the case," Porter says. "You're gonna see George lose a little bit of control, maybe spiral a bit, get a little scruffier, edgier, underdog-like George Tucker." [source]

Wilson: I eased a few bits of news out of them – the word on the street is there will be a lot of sex for Wade,in the first half of the season, which should tickle fans ... and doesn't sound like a bad idea to me either. There's a lot of sex and that ups his swag factor. [source]

Firstly, Lavon is running for mayor...again! The time has come to put together a reelection campaign, but Williams warns us that the mayor may have gotten a bit too comfortable with his town popularity.

"Initially I'm running unopposed, and I have a pretty high approval rating. I think I don't need to run at all." He continues, "But I'll leave you with the fact that there's a surprise person that decides to run against me so that I have to actually campaign." [source]

Is there any hope at all for Lavon and Lemon this season on HART OF DIXIE? They’re my favorite BlueBell not-quite-couple. — Michelle
The TV Addict: While we by no means want to get your hopes up with regards to the pairing of Lavon and Lemon, we will let you know that two of Bluebell’s finest will be spending an awful lot of time together this Fall thanks to a certain election that is making headlines. No, the GOP has not decided to move their upcoming convention from the hurricane hotspot that is Tampa Florida to the safety of Bluebell Alabama. Rather Lavon will for the first time in quite some time be forced to campaign for his sweet Mayoral gig against none other than his former high school sweet heart Ruby Jeffries. Where the hours upon hours of time spent together comes in is that all signs are pointing to Lemon putting her organizational skills to good use when she volunteers to be Lavon’s campaign manager. [source]

Wade’s ex-wife isn’t leaving Bluebell anytime soon. Mircea Monroe is set to reprise her role as Tancy for multiple episodes of Hart of Dixie‘s second season, TVLine has learned exclusively. [source]

"In the first episode, Zoe has to make a choice, and she does," Leila says. "But it does not close the door to the triangle because I think if this happened in real life, it wouldn't be cut and dry. Neither guy is exactly right for her, right now – so it's about navigating those right moments. Season two is all about Zoe figuring out what her heart wants. She danced around the choices in season one, but now that everything is out in the open, it's on! There are major things happening in Zoe's heart in season two!" [source]

“I can tell you that fans of the show, especially fans of Wade and Zoe, are going to be happy right from the get-go. George, is going to go through a time of trying to find himself as a single adult,” said Porter right off the bat. We’ll very quickly cut to everybody knowing everything that happened...Some people are going to be left out in the cold, and George is going to have to grow up. [source]

What else can you tease about Season 2?
You know there will be a re-election. I can tell you that through the course of the re-election a love-triangle will be formed. In the midst of the love triangle, in a lot of ways, the roles will be reversed from how they were in season one. [source]

Anyway, according to Wilson Bethel, there’s plenty in store this season for this pair. “Zoe and Wade fans will be pleased to see where this season is going,” he says. “It’s not all roses by any means, but it’s a lot of fun Zoe-and-Wade stuff. For fans who’ve picked that side in the love triangle, they’ll be pleased.” [source]

Interviews:
Scott Porter spills single guy George Tucker secrets on 'Hart of Dixie'
Rachel Bilson Teases Hart of Dixie Season 2: Expect “a Lot of Love-Triangle Action”
Inside "Hart of Dixie" - Exclusive (interviews with Scott Porter & Leila Gerstein)
Tim Matheson Speaks on Directing Hart of Dixie, Letting Lemon Go and More
Hart of Dixie Interview: Cress Williams on Election Season, Complicated Sparks and More!

header image by Tracie76

Last edited by Tracie76; 10-23-2012 at 04:24 AM