View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 AM
*OldHollywoodStarlet*
Fan Forum Hero

{Nashville} S&S #1 - She was the queen of the charts, but when you're on top you have to fight to stay there.

Cast

Connie Britton as Rayna James
Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes
Charles Esten as Deacon
Clare Bowen as Scarlett
Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott
Powers Boothe as Lamar Wyatt
Eric Close as Teddy James
Jonathan Jackson as Avery Davis
Robert Wisdom as Coleman Caldwell

Crew
Callie Khouri as CRTR/EP
Dee Johnson as EP
James Parriott as EP
R.J. Cutler as EP/DIR (Pilot)
Steve Buchanan as EP

Cast Promotional Photos

Music legend and entertainment icon Rayna Jaymes has been one of the industry's top female vocalists for two decades. After working tirelessly to elevate her game, Rayna suddenly discovers her passion for the business is not enough to compete with the new generation of talent lighting up the charts. She is reluctant to accept the emerging trend in the business and refuses to be steamrolled by her longtime label, which she helped build. When they give her an offer she can't refuse, Rayna is forced to accept the harsh reality that she'll have to start over and reinvent herself if she plans on being relevant.

Offstage things aren't much easier for Rayna, whose father, Lamar Wyatt, is Nashville's most powerful businessman. Their distant relationship is strained by years of resentment and powerful secrets that begin to boil over when Lamar and her sister, Tandy, encourage Rayna's husband, Teddy, to run for office. For Teddy Conrad, this might be his time to share the spotlight instead of being the man behind the woman. For years he's competed against Rayna's greatest love... her music. He's been haunted by her romantic entanglements, which he thought were buried in the past, but now his choice to align himself with her father could send Rayna running back into the arms of her soul mate.

Juliette Barnes is sexy, sassy, and she's got trouble written all over her. She's the hottest act in the business and she's not about to let anyone stand in the way of her success, much less Rayna Jaymes. On her way to the top, an even bigger set of circumstances will cast a shadow on her girl-next-door image. But Juliette is calculating, has an insatiable appetite for fame, and will do whatever it takes to leave her hard knocks past behind. Everyone in Nashville has a dream: Deacon Claybourne is the band leader whose unrequited love is constantly played out in the lyrics of familiar songs; Scarlett O'Connor is the beautiful undiscovered songwriter; Avery Barkley is a young misguided musician; and Gunnar Scott is an up and comer on a collision course with Scarlett.

"Nashville" stars Connie Britton ("Friday Night Lights," "American Horror Story") as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere ("Heroes") as Juliette Barnes, Charles Esten ("Enlightened," "Big Love") as Deacon Claybourne, Eric Close ("Chaos," "Without a Trace") as Teddy Conrad, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O'Connor, Jonathan Jackson ("General Hospital") as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Robert Ray Wisdom ("The Wire," "Rampart") as Coleman Carlisle and Powers Boothe ("MacGruber," "24") as Lamar Wyatt.

Dee Johnson ("Boss," "The Good Wife"), R.J. Cutler ("The September Issue," "The War Room," "A Perfect Candidate"), Callie Khouri ("Thelma & Louise") and Steve Buchanan are executive producers of "Nashville." The pilot was written by Callie Khouri and directed by R.J. Cutler. The series is produced by Lionsgate, ABC Studios and Gaylord Entertainment.

Upcoming Episodes

1.15 When You're Tired of Breaking Other Hearts

RAYNA AND JULIETTE TAKE THEIR CONCERT TOUR TO NYC, AND RAYNA DOESN'T LIKE THE INFLUENCE JULIETTE IS HAVING ON HER DAUGHTERS, ON ABC'S "NASHVILLE"

Chris Carmack, Jay Hernandez, Kimberly Williams-Paisley Guest Star

"I Saw the Light" - Rayna takes her children and sister with her on tour in NYC, but Rayna doesn't like the influence Juliette is having on her daughters. Meanwhile Dante gives Juliette some career guidance that helps her see him in a whole new way; Deacon's feelings for Stacey force him to reconsider his life on the road; a hunky new neighbor, Will (Chris Carmack), befriends Gunnar and Scarlett; Gunnar is thrown by Scarlett's hiding information from him; Lamar threatens Peggy; and Avery jeopardizes his own future, on "Nashville," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Nashville" stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O'Connor, Eric Close as Teddy Conrad, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Robert Ray Wisdom as Coleman Carlisle and Powers Boothe as Lamar Wyatt.

Guest starring Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Peggy Kenter, Susan Misner as Stacey Douglas, Sylvia Jeffries as Jolene, Jay Hernandez as Dante Rivas, Judith Hoag as Tandy, Maisy Stella as Daphne, Lennon Stella as Maddie, Chris Carmack as Will Lexington, David Alford as Bucky Dawes, Kourtney Hansen as Emily, Todd Truley as Marshall Evans and Chloe Bennett as Hailey.

"I Saw the Light" was written by Wendy Calhoun and directed by Julie Haber.*

Rayna tries to set the record straight about her failed marriage during an appearance on Katie Couric's talk show; Maddie tells a lie that leads to dangerous consequences; Deacon is drawn to a pretty veterinarian.

1.16 I Saw the Light

RAYNA AND JULIETTE TAKE THEIR CONCERT TOUR TO NYC, AND RAYNA DOESN'T LIKE THE INFLUENCE JULIETTE IS HAVING ON HER DAUGHTERS, ON ABC'S "NASHVILLE"

Chris Carmack, Jay Hernandez, Kimberly Williams-Paisley Guest Star

"I Saw the Light" - Rayna takes her children and sister with her on tour in NYC, but Rayna doesn't like the influence Juliette is having on her daughters. Meanwhile Dante gives Juliette some career guidance that helps her see him in a whole new way; Deacon's feelings for Stacey force him to reconsider his life on the road; a hunky new neighbor, Will (Chris Carmack), befriends Gunnar and Scarlett; Gunnar is thrown by Scarlett's hiding information from him; Lamar threatens Peggy; and Avery jeopardizes his own future, on "Nashville," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Nashville" stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O'Connor, Eric Close as Teddy Conrad, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Robert Ray Wisdom as Coleman Carlisle and Powers Boothe as Lamar Wyatt.

Guest starring Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Peggy Kenter, Susan Misner as Stacey Douglas, Sylvia Jeffries as Jolene, Jay Hernandez as Dante Rivas, Judith Hoag as Tandy, Maisy Stella as Daphne, Lennon Stella as Maddie, Chris Carmack as Will Lexington, David Alford as Bucky Dawes, Kourtney Hansen as Emily, Todd Truley as Marshall Evans and Chloe Bennett as Hailey.

"I Saw the Light" was written by Wendy Calhoun and directed by Julie Haber.

1.17 My Heart Would Know

A personal crisis in Nashville causes Rayna to leave the tour in New York City before her sold-out concert with Juliette, but for Juliette, the show must go on. Jolene stakes a claim on her sober counselor Dante as Juliette gets closer to him personally and professionally, and Deacon doesn't like the woman Juliette has become and tells her point-blank. Gunnar declares the next 24 hours a "Scarlett O'Connor party" to celebrate her success, and she brings Will along to join the fun. Meanwhile Avery becomes a roadie for Juliette, and secrets involving the men in Rayna's life see the light of day, on "Nashville," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/Katherine Bomboy-Thornton)

Casting & Guest Stars

Set Pictures

Magazines & Press

Season Two Spoilers
  • Nashville isn’t something I’d normally watch, but I love me some Connie Britton. I love her so much I’m even willing to overlook Hayden Panettiere. Question: Will Hayden annoy me into regretting my decision? — Lillian
    Is it possible to regret watching anything with Connie? C’mon now, Lil! Meanwhile, while official reviews won’t come out for a bit, I hear Hayden Panettiere’s Juliette Barnes may surprise you. Sure, she’s a devilish nightmare on the outside, but there’s definitely more to her backstory than meets the eye. And it could pack an emotional punch.(Source)
  • Nashville Season 1 Cast – Chris Carmack As Scarlett’s Neighbor - TVLine
  • Deanna: If I don't see some Rayna-Deacon lovin' on Nashville soon, I'm going to lose it! Tell me what you know!
    We know that for every moment that oozes chemistry between Rayna and Deacon, there will be a not-so-hot moment. It's the usual will they-won't they back and forth dance that TV shows love to torture us with. Just prepare to sit tight and wait. Plus, we think Rayna will be too busy with family matters when she has to convince her children not to get into the singing business. Seriously, they even asked to be signed to her new label! Kids today. (Source)
  • Jenna: Are there any more hot Deacon and Rayna kisses coming up on Nashville?
    If we do get any hot makeout sessions between those two, better enjoy it while you can. Because near the end of the season, those two won't exactly be on smooching terms. In fact, when tragedy hits Rayna's personal life, Deacon can only manage an awkward phone call to make sure she's OK. Not exactly the timeline Deacon-Rayna shippers want, eh? Source
  • Do you have any details about Chris Carnack's role on Nashville? Is he really going to come between Scarlett and Gunnar? — Debbie
    ADAM: Let's just say The O.C. veteran, who will play the duo's new neighbor, will give both Scarlett and Gunnar plenty to think about. While he's busy flustering Scarlett with his flirty smile, he'll also share his personal views on dating with Gunnar, in which he recommends always having another girl on standby. Playing both ends against the middle never looked so easy. Source
  • Question: In the last new Nashville, Glenn quit working for Juliette. Does that mean she’s going to have a new (and maybe young and hot) manager sometime soon? –Dana
    Ausiello: Her new manager is certainly young and decidedly hot… and that’s because Juliette’s new manager is herself! Despite the country star’s new sense of direction, “She’s not better off without him, that’s for sure,” says creator Callie Khouri. “She’s certainly not the best person to be managing her own career. So we’re going to watch that for a while.” source
    Will Nashville‘s Deacon find out about his secret child with Rayna this season? –Stephanie
    Series creator Callie Khouri confirms that Deacon thus far “has no idea” about his progeny, and she seems in no rush to drop that paternity bombshell. “That’s a big deal… We’ll hold that,” Khouri says – though, keep in mind, she hasn’t tackled the season finale yet. Source

Other Spoilers

Arts by MaybeLove.

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 03-23-2013 at 10:04 PM