View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:58 AM
bijou156
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijou156 (View Post)
Has anyone watched "Berkeley Square"? Its a RV series that follows the lives of three young nanies in Edwardian times.
I haven't. How is it?
It's really nice tv series because it cover some areas that are usually not shown in period dramas. It follows the lives of three young nannies and the friendship they share. It's sweet , especially how nice the nannies are on their charges.
A little snippet, there is an Irish nanny
What I liked the most is that the lives of these nanies are depicted, in period dramas this is not always the case because usually they are forgotten on the background and no one really pays attention of how important nannies are in the lives of their charges. Usually those aristocratic children would have being handed over to a nanny to look after them and barely saw their own parents The bond between nannies and their charges was lifelong and impacting in most cases. And best of all , the series is set during the Edwardian Era so when I watched it I always thought "oh this was how the Crawley sisters must have being brought up" So I would recommend it