View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Finnegan
Loyal Fan

(1) YA Gatherings website; (2) "Behind the scenes" clip

YAfanantic - Thanks for the pictures you posted on the other thread. I replied there.

Anja,

I've found the YA Gatherings page of www.nbhorn.com as preserved on Archive.org. I chose to look at the site as it was in October 2003.

The YA Gatherings page, as it appears then, is here: YA Gathering.

And it's very interesting. I didn't know this website had ever existed.

Anja, Sheida, may I ask you please to add a link to this archived site to this board's "Links" thread?
LATER ...
Maybe the most interesting thing on the nbhorn.com site is this:
Kate and Ian - Young Americans - Young Americans Behind the Scenes Hosted By Ian Somerhalder
It seems to be a "Behind the scenes with Young Americans" clip made by AOL's "Entertainment Asylum." One needs RealPlayer to watch it. Can anyone view it? I can't.

I suspect that clip might be the source of the footage of the cut JaHammer scene from episode 5 that turned up in the 2010 TV Guide clip on Somerhalder it its "Cast of LOST before they became TV stars." There are some still-photo captures from it posted on what's left of the old "Photographing jujubees" YA fansite, here: http://www.geocities.ws/photographin...es/ianaol.html. Note that Ian's wearing the same hideous brown shirt that he wears in YA episode 7 and in the talk he gives in the 2010 TV Guide segment.

So much for my notion that there's extra YA footage archived somewhere to which TV Guide got access. They just got their paws on this old AOL clip.

Last edited by Finnegan; 08-30-2012 at 11:23 PM