View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 AM
vasu
Part-Time Fan

Thanks to Kyzzx

Okay, so! Made it in, despite the confusion.

I'll do this as best I can. My memory is different from day to day. I might be missing some bits and pieces, but it's the general idea.

* Howard is still in space.
* This episode was more relationship-based than the previous two. The last two have been great in terms of being similar to seasons 1-3, this had a season 4 vibe to it.
* Stuart was not in this one at all.
* No guests other than Margo.
* Less substance, but some REALLY funny lines.

[L/S apartment]
Leonard and Sheldon are hanging out. Penny comes knocking and walks in with a box that's from Sheldon's mom, labeled "Shelly's preschool." It's a bunch of his pre-nursery "work" that he did as a child, which of course all sounds really smart. It's just a bunch of composition books with his research in it.

He says since the Higgs Boson took about 50 years to get recognized as being "true," he thought that maybe he's already made some scientific breakthrough with stuff he did as a kid. He wants someone to read everything over because his time is 'too important' to do it himself. He looks at Leonard. Leonard is like, "**** no."

Penny says, "Maybe I can do it!" and Sheldon does his, "...really? REALLY?" and Leonard says that maybe he should just hire a grad student as his assistant. He likes the idea.

[University offices/hall]

Sheldon is interviewing a potential candidate (who he does 'hire'). This is Alex (Margo Harshman, who is just too cute, I may add). The banter between them is cute, and he says, "Flattery will get you nowhere." and she says, "It's not flattery if it's true." and he takes her in.

[Scene of Howard webchatting with Bernadette]
The capsule that's supposed to come get the astronauts is delayed and he will have to be in space for another 7-10 days, but he's at the point where he almost can't take it any more and is having bad anxiety attacks. He says hilarious stuff in some of the clips. I don't want to give it all away. We don't hear Howard's mother at all, either.

[Penny's apartment]
Amy and Penny are sitting around doing makeup for not particular reason. Amy puts on some nice lip gloss and says, "Yep, I'm a man-eater now." She pulls out her phone to voice chat Sheldon and tells Penny, "If my new look leads to phone sex, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the room."

However, Alex answers the facetime chat and Amy is confused, but Alex takes a message. Penny asks what's wrong and Amy says that Sheldon told her his new assistant was Alex, but she didn't know it was a girl. Penny says, "Maybe he didn't notice."

Amy reveals she's jealous of Alex because she's good looking. Penny says she's got nothing to worry about because it's Sheldon.

Amy still isn't at ease, so Penny and Amy go to the university because Amy kinda wants to semi-spy on them. They see Margo, Sheldon, Raj, and Leonard sitting at a table in the cafeteria, and Margo is flirting with Leonard.

Amy says, "You're right, I don't have to worry. That skank is your problem, not mine."

I want to make it clear that Leonard was NOT interested/reciprocating at all. Penny wasn't even irrationally upset like she normally gets.

Amy points out that she might be flustered because now she sees Leonard as more desirable.

[L/S apartment]
Penny and Leonard are hanging out and Penny keeps asking how Leonard's day was, seeing if he mentions anything about the assistant. Alex and Sheldon come in the door and Penny introduces herself and Alex asks how she knows Leonard. She says, "We're kinda involved in this 5-year experiment." and Alex replies, "You're very lucky, he's really great and I know a lot of people would want to work with him." and Penny says, "Well, a lot of people can't." as she takes Leonard's hand and excuses them for what we can assume is sexy time.

Then there's a little interaction between Sheldon and Alex and then a small clip of Howard in space, and that's it.