View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Meyers
Dedicated Fan

I went to the CNE today and managed to convince my party to go to the show both times, LOL. The first time we were not terribly far away, but I was glad to be where we were when I realized that the show was pretty much going to be filled up. I was so glad I'd seen the taped verison of the show first, so that I knew when to look for VM appearing! They were of course absolutely lovely -- the audience was very appreciative and there was one woman who kept saying 'wow!' for the impressive moves. Scott had a slip during their Mountains performance -- it looked like he just lost his edge and down he went. He was up again super fast but they had to take a second to adjust their timing in the program. It didn't affect the rest of their program that I could see, but when they were going off the ice, almost gone, he made move that I interpreted as him frustrated (though what do I know -- he could have been making in sheer excitement, LOL).

Whoops, I managed to post the above without meaning to! Weird computer. Anyway, the second time I told my party I wanted even better seats, LOL -- and we got them. First row, right at the end of the rink. This time, Scott had a little balance check during their spin of Wide Awake and he had to put down his hand at the end -- but Mountains was perfect. (At that point I was nervous for them, I must admit.) Unlike the first time that day, in the finale Scott again deposited Tessa on the boards at the side during the finale -- it looked like some kind of mascot. And then I got to slap Scott's hand! Apparently, better seats was more like 'best seats'. Like others have said, he was thanking people for coming while he did so.

The rest of the show was very entertaining as well -- the other highlight definitely was the trampoline group, though I don't mean that as a slight to the rest. It was just a very visual, athletic feat of strength, timing, and teamwork.

Last edited by Meyers; 08-28-2012 at 09:33 PM