View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 04:43 PM
flightless♥bird
Fan Forum Star

Rory & Paris #4 Because what started as competition became one of the best friendships

Banner by Karen

Welcome to the Rory/Paris Friendship Appreciation Thread

Favourite Moments:

TWICKHAM HOUSE – OUTSIDE
[Rory, Lane and Paris have found a table and chairs and are surrounded by several empty punch glasses. They slur.]
LANE: He just flat out looked out of his face right into my face and said to my face that he was lying.
RORY: Zach said that he was lying?
LANE: No. He lied from his face into my face about where he was going. That’s what hurts the most, the lie! Except for seeing him with that woman! That hurts most, more than the lie.
PARIS: You’d think they’d stumble onto the truth. Just accidentally. Say something like two plus two equals four. Just because they say so many things just accidentally, that’s like – man!
LANE: I know!
PARIS: They just have to repopulate the species. You know? Just spread it around.
RORY: Oh, they like to spread it around, all right.
PARIS: I bet you Doyle’s spreading it right now.
RORY: You don’t know that he’s spreading it.
PARIS [pointing at her cup]: This – is tasty.
LANE [jumps up suddenly]: I’ve had it!
RORY: Had what?
LANE: I’m getting to the bottom of this.
PARIS: Spank his bottom!
LANE: He can’t do this! We’re friends too, as well as lovers if we ever get married! [She storms off.]
PARIS: She walks funny.
RORY: I’m thirsty. This punch makes you thirsty

PARIS: Hey.
RORY: Tomorrow with everyone else.
PARIS: So, I have been wracking my brains for weeks trying to figure out exactly who should be my vice presidential candidate, you know? Who would be yin to my yang, Joel to my Ethan, Damon to my Affleck, and then suddenly, it hits me – the perfect person.
RORY: Who?
PARIS: You.
RORY: What?
PARIS: It’s genius. We could announce it in the Franklin tomorrow, Gellar and Gilmore. We even have the g-thing going. Never underestimate the power of alliteration, my friend.
RORY: I don’t wanna be vice president.
PARIS: Oh, come on. Every little girl wants to be vice president.
RORY: Not this one.
PARIS: But you have to. It’s the only way. Please? I’m begging you.
RORY: Paris.
PARIS: They hate me, okay?
RORY: Who hates you?
PARIS: Everyone. Everyone in the whole school hates me. Oh, yeah, they think I’m the best for the job, but they don’t want to go to the mall with me so they won’t vote for me and that means I’m going to lose.
RORY: Well, how is my running with you gonna change anything?
PARIS: Because people think you’re nice. You’re quiet, you say excuse me, you look like little birds help you get dressed in the morning. People don’t fear you.
RORY: Hey, I haven’t been dressed by a bird since I was two.
PARIS: You will soften my image.
RORY: You’re crazy.
PARIS: Please!
RORY: No, I don’t want to be in politics. I just want to write about politics.
PARIS: You wouldn’t have to do anything. I’ll do all the work and make the speeches. You just have to sit there and be nice.
RORY: No.
PARIS: But –
RORY: Bye.
PARIS: Harvard loves this kid of crap. Being vice president is just one more thing to put you ahead of the rest of the hundreds of thousands of straight–A students who are applying for the same spot you are. Think about it. You say no, then comes the day when the letter from Harvard arrives. They’ve turned you down. Enjoy Connecticut State, sucker. Tell me you won’t be thinking, what if I had just run with Paris? What if the one thing that could’ve ensured my place behind those ivy covered walls I just walked away from?
RORY: Fine.
PARIS: Yes! Okay.
RORY: I guess the thought of just being nice to people never occurred to you, huh?
PARIS: See, that is exactly what I need from you, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm for the new millennium. Hey, wear some braids tomorrow with bows. I mean, hell, let’s sell it, sister!

Quotes:

Paris: Anyone should feel lucky to call her a friend. I know I do, and you're throwing away one of the best.

Why we love Rory/Paris:
Because Rory said Paris could come talk to her if she ever needed to
Because Rory helped Paris get ready for her big dates, with both Tristin and Jamie
Because Rory was the only one who knew about Paris and Jamie
Because they share an apartment
Because Paris made a plan for both of them for their senior year at Yale
Because they got drunk together when they broke up with their boyfriends
Because they went on spring break together
Because they have had their ups and downs, and are still good friends
Because they started of as enemies and are now friends
Because Rory comforted Paris when she didn’t get into Harvard

Rory/Paris Fans:
1. Tes
2. Madelen
3. KatieS41787