View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Forwood4Bamon
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalCouchPotato (View Post)
Wow, these episodes definitely were interesting.

The Drew plot was pointless, especially with important plot real estate in the finale week. I'm glad the show finally acknowledged that Drew can't live with Fiona forever. I'm disappointed with the unrealistic Drianca proposal, but if that means there won't be any love triangles, then I guess I could deal with it.
As a Bhandurner shipper, I'm happy that they broke up. Dave was too clingy with Alli and there's no way that Alli would ever fulfill Dave's expectations for a relationship. It reminds me of Ross and Rachel's season 3 break up in Friends. I just hope Dave remembers it's his fault they broke up and we don't get a lot of 'Dave wants Alli again' plots in the next block of episodes.
The Clare plot was really good in the first episode. I liked the Clare/Dallas scenes and the Clare/Jatie scenes. Did Clare tell Jatie about Asher too, or just Dallas?
I think the Clare plot suffered greatly in the second part of the episode. I feel like the writers were trying to squeeze Eli into the plot even if he doesn't belong. We never saw Peter or Spinner deal with Darcy and Paige's sexual assault moments so having this episode from Eli's angle makes me roll my eyes. I only liked the Bhandurner break up scene (Dave: We need to talk. Alli: Okay, but I have to pee first. ) and the Imogen/confetti part. Otherwise, it was really grating in general. I thought Eli thinking Asher was a threat to their relationship was ridiculous. I hate how Eli would believe Asher over Clare for why she got fired. If he can't trust the girl he's known for one and a half school year over some man he met a few weeks ago, their relationship has bigger issues than I thought. Aislinn's delivery in some parts felt off for me. And I hated how Jake, Clare, Katie, and other characters got into a fight but suddenly Eli is the only one who's injured and the writers need to bring that up every 10 seconds because Eli's this noble guy who would get into fights to protect his precious girlfriend's honor! ...Yeah, you could tell I dislike Eli.
I disagree with the Jatie writer's bias. I think Eclare, and especially Clare's character as a whole, suffered greatly because Clare had no friends outside of Eli, and the writers were trying to fix it by having her in scenes with others this time around. Trying to squeeze Eli when he didn't belong there made it awkward. Then again, maybe I'm just immune to writer's bias on Degrassi after the Eli takeover during seasons 10 and 11 and the Craig era from seasons 2-5. I also feel like we've had a lot of Clare episodes, and non-Clare episodes from her POV (Causing a Commotion and Umbrella come to mind).

And for last night's episode...
I liked the last minute plot twist of the Bakers being worried about the suicide. I thought Eli was definitely taking out his anger on Becky in the name of homophobia. And dressing up for his presentation was borderline offensive. That would be like if Jake and Katie dressed up as those Fruit of the Loom mascots when they gave Snake that presentation. But yeah, this episode just made me roll my eyes a lot at Eli's actions.
I liked the Tristan plot. I think the tattoo guy probably won't be his first kiss but I guess we'll just wait and see.
I liked how Adam told Becky off for what counts and doesn't count as religion, but I especially like how Becky and Adam didn't become BFFs after that incident. Once again, I can't wait for this plot!

Overall, this was a great season.
I really care less about Drew, Dallas, and his group and some of the other newbies. I LOVE Zig, Maya, Tori, and Campbell. and Jake I like and Tristan as well.