View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 08:41 PM
MD9999
Extreme Fan

One positive thing I have to say (because it seems like I only ever criticize this show on , but I still like it and of course watch it) is that I like how in the past few episodes we have seen communication issues. In Imogen's storyline last week, Eli yelled at her,not knowing that she was upset. That is a pretty realistic situation IMO. Similarly, Eli's actions tonight (going to see Asher and then demanding to know what happened) were kind of understandable, but, because we knew the truth, we could see how bad it was. In the Bhandurner plot, there was this whole weird head game---Alli didn't even know that Dave was unhappy! This sort of realism makes the show a bit more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
And I think that Dallas/Clare could have been a lot more than a stupid rivalry. They were pretty good together. I know Demetrius and Aislinn have been friends for a few years now so maybe their real life relationship helped their onscreen chemistry?
Yes. I really liked their scene together. Granted, the context of drinking at 11 AM in school was unflattering and Dallas really shouldn't have made a move, but they had really good chemistry (but in a non-romantic way). Sometimes you can find support or sympathy in unexpected people, and I think that would have been more interesting than the OTT 'showdown.'