View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:12 PM
EClare_x3
Loyal Fan

I was just about to respond to mellifluouscloud's post but Asya you put it so well! To wrap this whole story up in a neat little package by the end of season 12 and all due to Adam would be so incredibly stupid. They introduced these extreme characters for a reason. I'm a bit nervous too that they might end up hurrying things along with Becky and we won't get to see her truly progress because let's be honest, they rush a lot of things, characters, and couples on the show.

We saw from the Bite Your Tongue promo that Becky and Adam would have something going on. But some people assumed that they would become a couple in the first half of season 12. I don't think the promo revealed that much at all. As much as I want Adam to be happy, if it's going to be with Becky, I really hope they do not rush Becky's feelings for Adam at all. If this all plays out well, it's going to be very interesting to see Becky's conflicting feelings for Adam. I mean, it appears she's going to start liking him soon but when she hears he is transgender she's going to try and "save" him while not dealing with her initial feelings she has for him. And Adam's not going to take any of it from Becky so we'll see her start to back off and she'll be forced to come to terms with her real feelings for Adam. I just summed that up but it has the potential to be such an interesting storyline for Becky, and of course, I want Adam to not be hurt in all of this again.

I want to see every part of Becky's journey and because of that I don't want Adam and Becky to be rushed. Maybe they will be given a real chance in the second part of season 12 but even then I don't want Becky by that time to be this person who has completely changed her views on life. Like Asya mentioned, I do expect it will be a season long transformation. They have had different portrayals of Christians on the show and while Becky is supposed to be a very extreme version, I do think her character and transformation will be the most important.