View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Candygirl9890
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lipstick (View Post)
I don't see anything "clear" about it to be honest. Emma never had a mother, or a sister and if we're going to take what's been portrayed in the show, never really had much of a friend. And you don't call someone "family" if you only consider them as a friend.

Everyone needs a mother, and Emma deciding she doesn't need one is a pointless issue TBH. To me it's clear she not only needs one (for obvious reasons, Emma's life has been pretty effed up so far), she has always wanted one, otherwise she wouldn't have spent her resources trying to locate her parents.
^True, but if the woman you've been treating like a sister or friend for the past few months turned out to be your mother, you'd be pretty spooked too. This definitely won't be a mother-daughter relationship. They're age and history won't allow it. But that still doesn't minimize the love they have for each other. But I don't see Emma treating MM like her mother anytime soon. But like I said, that still won't diminish the love they have for each other.

Besides, we've already received confirmation from Jennifer that Emma and MM are going to have a difficult time trying to adjust, and that Emma may suffer from severe abandonment issues. I think Jen specifically used the word "resentment."
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault