View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

What I liked in the Series Finale were the little subtleties that showed us how much Ephram and Amy loved each other, like when Ephram, seeing that Amy was drunk, took away her wine and gave her a glass of water to drink, and in his conversation with Bright, where he asked if they should call to check and see if Amy got home okay, which Bright immediately picked up on. Ephram had the opportunity to sleep with Stephanie, but he couldn’t go through with it because of his feelings for Amy, and that also said a lot. I also loved it when Amy told Hannah that Ephram made her happy, and how he had always been there for her, and how rare that was. There were also little subtle gestures on Amy’s part to show how much she loved Ephram, like when Ephram and Stephanie came out of the movies, and she said “I’m always up for a laugh. You know that about me, right Ephram?” You could see the competitive look that Amy gave Stephanie in that scene, and you could see the stricken look on her face after they left, and to me, that really told me how much Amy loved Ephram.

As much as I loved the “grand gesture” that Amy used to tell Ephram she still loved him and to tell him that she hadn’t forgotten anything about them, it’s the subtle gestures between Ephram and Amy that made me love them so much over the years, and I was glad that we got to some of those subtle gestures last night in the Series Finale, because when you really love someone, it’s not always the “big things” that prove you love someone, it’s the “little things,” and Ephram and Amy always had both.

When Amy was declaring her feelings for Ephram, and he kept saying her name, I was actually a little afraid that he would tell her “stop,” because I wasn’t sure what that was supposed to mean, but once he kissed her, I was overjoyed, and I knew that my fears were groundless. I loved seeing the passion in Ephram’s tear filled eyes when he told Amy that he loved her, and that she was it, and that she was his one, and their final kiss and embrace was the perfect ending for this wonderful show.

Amy’s jealousy was so entertaining to watch, and when she starts talking obsessively, she always reminds me about how alike her and Harold are, and I especially loved watching a drunk and jealous Amy, and that dance between her and Ephram was nothing short of magical, where she put her head on his shoulder, and they held each other like they never wanted to let each other go, although I wish it could have lasted a little longer.

The flashback scenes really brought so much back to me, especially when Amy saw Ephram attack that jerk who had cruelly called her pretending he was Colin, and she saw, right from the very beginning, what we all saw, that Ephram loved her with all his heart, and that he’d do anything for her.

I’ve never loved a couple like I’ve loved Ephram and Amy, and they never disappointed me, although I was frustrated that they didn’t get together and stay together sooner. I once loved Dawson and Joey on Dawson’s Creek, but over the years, the writers destroyed everything I loved about them, so if they had gotten together in the last seconds of the Series Finale of Dawson’s Creek, it would have meant nothing to me by that point, but Ephram and Amy getting together in the last seconds of the Series Finale of Everwood filled my heart with joy.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy