View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Patano
Loyal Fan

Hmm now I can't wait for the press pack even more than before.

The Bransons - poor Tom must be really pushed to the edge if he's ranting at dinner, dishevelled. Maybe he received some really bad news from Ireland? Something happened to his mother or some other person from his family? Knowing Robert's "Fenian" remarks... But it's only a trailer, without a context, and such things always look worse there than on the show. I just feel so sorry for him... "grubby little chauffeur" and now some remarks about the Irish people...duh. Not surprising that Isobel is on the Bransons' side. Carson teaming up with Thomas, though? I really start to dislike Carson, I'm afraid. "Fenian grandchild" and now "grubby little chauffeur" - Robert and Carson are so alike. I understand that they may not be thrilled with S/T's marriage, but such remarks are simply cruel. I honestly feel so sorry for Tom. How much more will this guy have to endure? It's like he's insulted for different things from many sides - for his status, nationality, political opinions... .

I agree that there is probably going to be a plot connected with Mr. Swire's inheritance. While Matthew/Mary's dynamic is always going to be a love/hate one, with them clashing and later overcoming that, it's just sad that their next big quarrel is most probably once more about money and inheritance. It's also sad that the Crawleys will treat Matthew as unloyal only because he does not want to take Swire's money. It seems that Matthew is still not as aristocratic as the Crawleys may wish him to be and does not want to do something for the estate when it means compromising his moral scruples, like when Robert married Cora for money in order to save DA. I want him to show some backbone and not surrender to Mary and the Crawleys' wishes. They must learn that not everything must be sacrificed for the sake of their own needs. Oh, I'm just afraid that by the end of the series, I will come to really dislike the Crawleys.

And I hope that they won't try to marry Edith off for money. But maybe we'll see her rebel against that?

Thomas and O'Brien's rift - predictable, it was hinted throughout s2 and the CS.

Last edited by Patano; 07-22-2012 at 03:05 PM