View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Soleya
Fan Forum Star

Firefly Appr. #10: "When I see you guys, I think there’s spaceships and horses- the story is alive.” -Joss Whedon

WELCOME TO THE 10TH
FIREFLY APPRECIATION THREAD!

Browncoats:
Soleya
Andie
s e r e n i t y
CrashandBurn9
Ron_Cullen
Chris
Shay-La
Talula78
hiddleskittlesღ
XTooManyShowsX
WileyDairyGnome
Josie2288
toneofsurprise
weejad
Shiny videos

Reasons we love Firefly
Because it's one of a kind show that became more than just a tv series.
Because the cast is out of this world amazing and we love them all.
Because it made "brown coat" another word for freedom fighter.
Because we now feel the need to use the word shiny a lot!
Because in this show the criminals are the good guys.

"Earth-that-was could no longer sustain our numbers, we were so many. We found a new solar system - dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. Each one terraformed - a process taking decades, to support human life, to be new earths. The Central Planets formed the Alliance. Ruled by an interplanetary parliament, the Alliance was a beacon of civilization. The savage outer planets were not so enlightened and refused Alliance control. The war was devastating, but the Alliance's victory over the Independents insured a safer universe. And now everyone can enjoy the comfort, and enlightenment of true civilization."

“I felt like we made it to the top of the mountain when people kept pushing us down. The fact that we made this movie, a complete, amazing, beautiful movie… it feels like we won already. If it doesn’t become a mainstream success and people don’t get it, I feel like it’s their loss, because it’s a very special, special story. I hope we get to make more.” -Summer Glau
“There are moments where, suspended in time, I have these fleeting periods of, you know, short periods of time where I actually completely believe I’m Malcolm Reynolds." Nathan Fillion

The Characters and moments

Credit

Malcom Reynolds
"...We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."

Top 3 Scenes
- "Love. You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as a turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels. Makes her a home." (Serenity the movie)
- Kicking Crow into the engine (The Train Job)
- "We can't die, you know why? Because we are so very pretty, we are too pretty for God to let us die" (Pilot)

Inara Serra
"Besides, why would I wanna leave Serenity?"

Top 3 Scenes
- Training Mal in handling a sword (Shindig)
- Her talk with Book about Mal in the pilot "because so few men are" (a mystery) Pilot).
- Her fighting with Saphron (Our Mrs. Reynolds)

River Tam
"River was more than gifted. She was a gift. Everything she did, music, math, theoretical physics - even dance - there was nothing that didn't come as naturally to her as breathing does to us."

Top 3 Scenes
-Reaver Fight (Serenity)
- "Also, I can kill you with my brain" (Trash)
- Distracting Badger by immitating his accent and reading him his life story (Shindig)

Kaylee Frye
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse can stop Kaylee from bein' cheerful. Sometimes you just wanna duct-tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

Top 3 Scenes
- Flashback introduction on how she ended up on Serenity (Out of Gas)
-"The hell with this, I'm gonna live!" (Serenity)
- The layer cake pink dress (Shindig)

Jayne Cobb
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
Top 3 Scenes
- Presenting "Vera" to Mal (Our Mrs Reynolds)
- Getting teary eyed over the mudders throwing a riot on his behalf, his very own riot (Jaynestown)
- The hat from his mother (The Message)

Simon Tam
"That young man is very brave. He gave up everything to free his sister from that place. Go from being a doctor on the central planets to hiding on the fringes of the system...There is not many who could do that."

Top 3 Scenes
- "This must be what going mad feels like" (Jaynestown)
-Climbing the stake and telling the townspeople to light it (Safe)
-Telling Kaylee she looks especially pretty when covered in engine grease (Jaynestown)

Derrial Book
"I've been out of the abbey two days. I've beaten a lawman senseless, I've fallen in with criminals. I watched the captain shoot the man I swore to protect. And I'm not even sure if I think he was wrong. I believe…I just…I think I'm on the wrong ship."
"Maybe. Or maybe you're exactly where you ought to be."

Top 3 Scenes
- Talking about a very special hell, one reserved for child-molestors, and people who talk at the theater (Our Mrs Reynolds)
- His hair scaring the crap out of River (Jaynestown)
- The lord being a mite fuzzier about knee-caps (War Stories)

Hoban Washburne
"I am a leaf on the wind…"

Top 3 Scenes
- Playing with the dinosaurs (Pilot)
- "Oh my God, what are we gonna do? We're doomed, who's FLYING this thing!?! Oh, right, that would be me" (Bushwacked)
- The "poem" he "wrote" Zoe in bed using the words "corpsified" and "gross" (Shindig)

Zoë Alleyne Washburne
"She's torn up plenty, but she'll fly true."
Top 3 Scenes
- "She's torn up plenty but she'll fly true" (Serenity)
- Punching Saffron and saying "I'm in" (Trash)
- Not even flinching as Niska cuts Mal's ear off (War Stories)

Some fan sites:
FireflyFans.net
Browncoats.com

Last edited by Soleya; 03-03-2013 at 03:23 AM Reason: Updating list of browncoats