View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 03:01 PM
shopgirl318
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myna (View Post)
shopgirl! Thanks so much for posting

I tend to agree that I like the aired version better. There really was no need to make Shane out to be a bad guy and turn Mercedes into a cheater. The only thing the released script does is explain some of the comments, like you said, what Blaine said to Emma. And I never knew that Samcedes moment in Emma's office was only written for Mercedes That's one of my fav scenes!! I would have liked to see Samcedes flirting at the locker though!
Your welcome!

Not only did it make Mercedes into a cheater but also a jerk, trying to have her cake and eat it too especially when she tried to cheat with Sam from 5 to 7 pm on V-day but Sam was in the right and I understood where he was coming from especially after Quam/Finn back in season 2. I loled during that part Myna because Mercedes would never. I swear to you I have read fanfics where Shane was the abuser but this was crazy. She wouldn't put up with his temper either in cannon nor make excuses for it. This is the same girl who tore Mr Schue a new one after he yelled at her in Asian F though during bootycamp when he pushed her too far + who had doubts, guilt about Shane/Sam during HOTS, Yes/No, Michael, Spanish Teacher and even Heart so that would have been character assasination 101 the glee version like when when Tina, Mercedes, Brittany and Sugar laughed at that abuse joke in Choke. So glad tptb didn't go there!

One thing I wanted Sam to say to Mercedes in cannon is that you are mine! I flailed while reading unedited version and the flirting with the chapstick also. How cute would have that been after they gotten together?

After reading these original scripts I appreciate every single Samcedes moment we have gotten in season 3. No matter how big or small and thanking my lucky stars that Mercedes wasn't written like that. I maybe making a big deal over a few unaired scenes that never made it in the episode that could be on the cutting room floor and also Ian/Brad are the biggest Samcedians since they directed/written/revised most of their moments. I really think this would have destroyed Mercedes as a character [not to mention her morals] after Heart aired, like Tina was silenced again during Props. [Alder written Props, Pot o Gold and I hated those eps.] Rachel/Quinn/Santana really took a beating this year also and they haven't recovered at all especially Rachel and Quinn though.

[cannon!Samcedes = fannon!Samcedes with Sam in "dgaf default setting" not caring about Shane when he knew M still loved him and honeybadger mode that means he knows what he wants then goes for it but Mercedes behavior was all off and she barely gets screentime as it is so trying to destroy the few good things about her like loyalty, honesty, morals just didn't sit right with me.]

Last edited by shopgirl318; 07-05-2012 at 03:25 PM