View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 04:18 PM
onebreath
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana (View Post)
Yea, TOW The Flashback was the episode that really made me really appreciate Chandler/Rachel in a romantic context, but I saw TOW The Cheesecakes before I watched that (I came into the show late), and I loved the friendly dynamic and chemistry they had. I didn't know they had kissed in earlier episodes, so it was just a crackship of mine that I didn't take seriously because of Chandler/Monica and Ross/Rachel. They're my two favorite characters, so that played a part in my love for them too. I just loved how FUNNY they were together, and for a sitcom, you want that. Then I saw TOW The Stripper Cries, and it went from crackship to actual-ship-even-though-I-knew-it-would-never-happen.

I actually think I read once that the writers were planning on putting them together, then decided against it? Or they were part of the original plan when they created the show?
They're my two favourite characters, too; so I think that also played a part in why I started shipping them, also as a crackship. TBH, I still kind of refer to them as a crackship of mine, because Ross/Rachel are my otp of the show. But, at the same time, while I do also ship Chandler/Monica, I have more interest/ship Chandler/Rachel more than them. So, maybe that takes C/R past the crackship level. Does that make any sense?

Yeah, I also read that about the writers having initially intended to put Chandler/Rachel together. The main couple for the show was going to be Joey/Monica; and the first season was going to focus on them. Chandler was only meant to be more of a secondary character (along with Phoebe), but something was to eventually happen between him and Rachel.

I wish I could remember the exact places I read all of this from. I know some of it was mentioned in the recent Vanity Fair article, but I don't think the part about C/R was mentioned in that.