View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 05:28 PM
poker.paul
New Fan

True Blood - Tara's Reflection

I also posted this thread in the TB forum. I've yet to find live chat on this site (I'm relatively 'puter illiterate) so I patiently await any replies. Here goes;

Is it just me or did anyone else notice on the 6/24 episode of TB Tara saw her reflection in the windshield whilst getting ready to munch on the woman changing her tire. (And thus being reminded of her identity and values, Tara refrained from drinking from the fountain of Life)

The question I have is that given EVERYONE knows vamps don't have reflections, was this a certifiable blooper or did the screenwriter include this hiccup on purpose?

The only 2 reasons I can muster for Tara's being able to see her own reflection is

1) Having not killed a human while feeding Tara thusfar retains this part of her humanity BUT once she has harvested a human she'll no longer be able to see her reflection.

2) While human's can't see a vampire's reflection, Vampires can see their reflection.

The second choice makes more sense. After all, any self respecting vampire with an normal portion or even a tiny shred of vanity would need to be able to see themselves. How would a vampire part it's hair?

Further (I'm Not trying to be sexist Ladies) this would be especially true with many (not all) lady Vampires. How could a foxy female vampire honey up and get all polished up for a night on the town without a mirror? Even being 100's & 1000's of years old, I still find it hard to feature how any creature could put on mascara without the aid of a mirror.

I'd appreciate any insights other members may have
poker.paul is offline   Reply With Quote