View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:19 PM
GobSmacked82
Dedicated Fan

Happy 20th Anniversary - Part III

Hey shippers,
Here is Part III of the Kevney anniversary convo. LOL. What do you get a beloved international superstar who has everything? Read on.

Hours and hours and hours later, Whitney is out of bed, leaving KC there sleeping. She is sitting by the window, holding a cup of coffee and staring outside in wonderment at the skies of Mozambique. She hears KC stir, and looks over at him. He wakes up, rolls over and notices that she is already out of bed.
KC: (Rubs his eyes.) I don’t believe it. You’re out of bed before me?
WH: Well, just this once. You know, you were right. You have to see the skies in Mozambique to believe them. This is spectacular, and I’m glad I’m not sleeping through it.
KC: (Lays back) I knew you would love it here. Get over here.
WH: Why don’t you come by the window? Come to me.
KC: Story of my life these past 20 years. I come to you. (So he gets out of bed and joins her by their window.)
WH: Come look at this.
She curls up in his lap and they watch the sun come up.
KC: Is this the first time you’ve seen a sun—?
WH: Shhhhh. The sun is pretty shy. If you make a lot of noise, it will only retreat and go back behind the horizon.
KC: (Quieter, whispering near her ear) But the sun is beautiful. And giving, and attracts all these people to its warmth.
WH: You’re starting to change the subject, I think.
KC: No. I’m just telling you the truth.
(They sit quietly watching the sunrise for a few minutes.)
KC: (Quietly.) Are you ready to hear me talk now?
WH: Go baby.
KC: Anyway, I’m really happy that you decided to come with me. Mozambique is an amazing place, Whitney, at least from what I hear, and I think you’re going to love it.
WH: Well, so far everything looks promising.
(A few hours later, Whitney and Kevin are walking through a town square. To Whitney’s sheer delight, she can move through the area freely without flashbulbs going off all of the time. They come to a sketch artist doing portraits, and Whitney sits for hers. The artist remarks on her beauty but doesn’t go nuts when he sees her and KC together.)
WH: (To Kevin) He’s doing a beautiful job. I think I should sign this and let the guy keep it. You know, in case somebody comes along and wants to buy some of his work.
(They try to convince the guy to keep the portrait, but he looks distressed.)
KC: I think he sees this as a gift, Whitney, and sincerely wants you to have it.
(So they come to a compromise. He draws a second one for her to keep, which turns out to be larger. And Whitney lets him keep the smaller, autographed one. KC starts kidding her as they walk away.)
KC: Well, thanks for this. I’ll just hold onto it and keep it safe.
WH: Umm, no. Your wife will throw you out of the bedroom and onto the couch—well, one of the other houses in your case—if she catches you with another woman’s sketched portrait.
KC: No, I know how to keep a secret. Can’t you?
WH: I’m a vault. A deep, cold, dark storage room of secrets. But let’s not tempt fate. Just let me have that back.
KC: Gimme a kiss.
WH: Back at the cabin. Nowhere else.
KC: I’m going to collect one way or another, you know.
(A little further on, they meet a small choir. Whitney listens, then moves to the music, then begins to hum along. Of course, she impresses them, and they invite her to join in for a couple of songs, which she does.)
(Then a dancer tries and tries to get Whitney to dance with him. But she keeps blushing and refusing to cooperate. Then KC shakes his head and steps in.)
KC: Let me show this guy how to dance with this lady. (He ‘rescues’ Whitney, pulling her into a series of smooth and seamless ballroom dance moves. The musicians accompany them. Simple drumming and singing, but WH and KC seem like they are on a dance floor all by themselves. They end up with applause from everybody, and continue hanging out for a few more hours. After that, they head back to their cabin/hotel.)
KC: I’m glad we’re back.
WH: It’s early, though. Couldn’t we have stay for a little more shopping?
KC: Look at all these bags I’m carrying, Whitney! (Laughs) I don’t think this town has any more stuff left for you to buy.
WH: You’re kidding around. Stop it.
KC: (Drops her bags, seven or eight of them, into a corner. He kicks them into place, and pushed them back.) Whitney, at the last store, you followed the lady to her storage shed to dig through boxes to find the hat that you wanted to buy. My G-d, you’re incredible.
WH: Hey, I refused to let her sell me the display one. She had a nice thing going, so why ruin the whole setup for me?
KC: For you? A superstar determined to get what she wants? (He pulls her close.) I wish you thought I was a hat that you HAD to HAVE.
WH: Yeah, but here I’m not a superstar. I’m just a nice lady with a little voice. I should move here. Teach choral music. Learn to make dresses or something.
KC: If you move here, I’m buying property to be near you. (Tosses her onto the bed.)
WH: You will do no such thing. I’ll buy the property. As soon as I clear out all my stuff in the States, I’ll buy a nice quiet house where I can give voice lessons and make dresses. You can stop by whenever. Sleep in the guest room.
KC: (He was about to kiss her, then halts.) Why the guest room?
WH: I’m just trying to set a good example. In case Krissy visits me. And I don’t want nosy neighbors sniffing around, you know?
KC: You think she wouldn’t know? The kid has brains, Whitney. Anyway, we’ve been over this. Your whole family is behind me. The Houstons are Team Kevin, all the way.
(Then he kisses her. Slowly, thoroughly.)
KC: Let’s talk about going all the way.
WH: Wait! Before all that, Kevin, I need to tell you something. This was amazing. It was such a peaceful, quiet, easy day. That’s not easy for me to come by. Thank you.
KC: You’re welcome. (He puts feather kisses on her forehead.) But it wasn’t all me, you know. It just all worked out. (He kisses her lightly, slowly all over her face, then down to her arms. Then he sits up a little and looks her right in the eyes.) Look right at me, Whitney. (She turns her face directly toward him.) I’m glad you’re happy, Whitney. You’ve had a tough time, but you’re coming back into your own and you deserve peace. Well … (he looks thoughtful for a minute. And starts unbuttoning her shirt.) You deserve peace after about two, three hours.

Last edited by GobSmacked82; 06-23-2012 at 05:24 AM Reason: edited to specify their location