View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 09:13 PM
GobSmacked82
Dedicated Fan

Happy 20th Anniversary - Part II

Hey shippers,
You all certainly gobbled up that last one! Here is a little bridge convo to hopefully tide you over until I can think up one for ... the trip to Mozambique.

Part II
Whitney’s phone rings. Early. She picks up.
WH: (Grumbles something unintelligible)
KC: Morning, Sweet Miracle.
WH: Oh my God. He did it again. Lord, help me, I’m going to kill this man. I love him, but I’m gonna kill him.
KC: Nonsense. It’s the fatigue talking. Listen, you don’t want to hang up on me.
WH: Why?
KC: I’m in your backyard. Come open the door.
A few minutes later, KC is following a very groggy, yet unfailingly polite, disoriented Whitney upstairs. He has several newspapers tucked under his arm. They get in bed (she insists) and he begins opening up the newspapers.
KC: See, I thought you’d like to know I’ve been completely vindicated. Against your accusations yesterday of @ss grabbing. After 20 years, Kevin knows how to play it and not get caught.
WH: I felt your hand where it was not supposed to be. I know what went down. ZZZZZZ
KC: Whitney, wake up. (Nudges her gently. Strokes her arm, plays with her ear, pinches her nose. Then he kisses her. She responds to that last bit.) Look at what I have.
WH: Whuuut?
KC: Coverage from yesterday. See? Not one of these stories shows me grabbing your butt at all. And you know the paps would have picked up on that. Although it is a very fine looking @ss, and it was having a great evening yesterday. Leaving it ungrabbed was a crime against nature. Here I am, guilty as can be of NOT doing that.
WH: You’re supposed to use the red!
KC: Listen, Whitney. We had a bet yesterday remember? I bet you that if I could clear myself of this whole thing, you’d come to Mozambique with me. Well, I did. So you have to pay up. You’re coming with me, right?
WH: No. I don’t like the mild chili. Stupid name for a color. Firing that new assistant.
KC: Whitney? (Tosses the newspapers aside and curls up with her, spooning.) Whitney do you remember what you said yesterday? If you lost our little wager, you’d go with me? Remember that?
WH: (Breathing deeply) Yeah.
KC: Good. We’ll talk about it again later today.
WH: I know.
KC: Don’t fire the new assistant. He, she is making an effort to please you. And we're going to be in a stunningly beautiful place pretty soon, you know?
WH: That’s so nice.
KC snuggles down with Whitney, and listens to her drift off to sleep again.