View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 03:49 PM
keep the starlight
Fan Forum Hero

Yay, I'm glad!

Quote:
Three Actors Join Reese Witherspoon And Colin Firth In Devil's Knot

Collette Wolfe has only been acting in films since 2006, but looking at the list of movies that she's done has revealed a small pattern. While she has done more comedy features than anything and regularly plays sweet, nice characters, she has shown a proclivity towards taking parts in projects that look at the darker side of life. In addition to working multiple times with director Jody Hill - who basically lives on the dark side - she was also recently seen playing Patton Oswalt's sad sister in Jason Reitman's Young Adult. Now, however, she's ready to make her turn towards drama and, surprise, surprise, it's a seriously dark story.

Deadline has learned that Wolfe has joined the cast of Devil's Knot, the film about the famed West Memphis Three. Kris Polaha, who played Henry Hutler on Ringer, and part-time TV player Justin Castor have also signed on for parts. The three actors join Reese Witherspoon, Colin Firth, Mireille Enos, Alessandro Nivola and Kristopher Higgins as part of the cast. Atom Egoyan is helming the thriller, which is based on the true story about a group of Arkansas teenagers who were convicted of murdering three children back in 1993 despite there being no evidence pointing to their involvement. The three teens, Jessie Misskelley Jr., Jason Baldwin and Damien Echols, were released last year. Egoyan last directed the drama Chloe, which starred Amanda Seyfried, Julianne Moore and Liam Neeson.

Wolfe will play Firth's character's assistant in the film, a young woman named Glori Shettles, while Polaha will be playing public defender Val Price. Castor will play the role of Baldwin, one of the convicted kids. The film is based on the 2003 book "Devil's Knot: The True Story of the West Memphis Three" by Mara Leveritt. The site doesn't mention when production is scheduled to begin.
I love Kris because of Life Unexpected! I approve.