View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 09:09 PM
WeFoundLove
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)

I think he will feel disappointed that his and Jeremy's plan actually had the opposite effect of what they wanted. I also think he will feel a bit of survivor's guilt about how he lives because Elena died. Although I don't get why it wasn't possible to both Matt and Elena out or break Elena's seatbelt and she swims out while Stefan carries Matt out, I think after awhile Matt will see how beautiful (if not all thought out) gesture Elena made when she decided to say that Matt should get saved first instead of her.
I definitely think this will be the case. I can see him and Jeremy blaming themselves for what happened to Elena and their plan backfiring. It will for sure make sense for Matt to have survivor's guilt. I was also wondering why it wasn't possible for Matt and Elena to be rescued at the same time. Elena was conscious right? She could have just swam out herself, but I guess the scene was used to show how selfless Elena can be putting her friends lives ahead of hers. It was a very touching moment given the fact that it mirrored Elena's father's actions in wanting to rescue Elena before himself in the past.