View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 12:35 PM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Didn't Prue ask Andy how he felt about her being a witch under a spell and she pushed him to answer instead of giving him time to process it? he gave her an answer she didn't like.
Yeah, the truth spell had a time constraint, 24 hours I believe, and Andy did tell her that if he had to answer her NOW ... then he'd have to say no, it wasn't a life that he wanted.

But later on, when he found out the truth for himself in Blind Sided ... Prue and Andy did have that calmer conversation in her office at Buckland's during the episode The Power of Two. He still admitted that her life of fighting demons wasn't something he saw himself coming home to in the future. One day, he pictured himself having a normal life: the white pickett fence, a wife, the kids ... etc. but no magic!

Now, that's not to say that things wouldn't have changed because as we saw in Deja Vu All Over Again, Andy loved her too much not to get himself involved and risk his own life. She warned him to stay away and he did the exact opposite, which ended up costing him his life. I also think it's possible that when the conversation in the office happened, Andy was still in doubt about how strongly Prue still felt about him. As we see in Deja Vu All Over Again, when Prue tells him that he knows how much she still loves him, he says, 'no, I didn't.' And during the first two times that the timeline plays out, Andy heeds Prue's advice ... he shows up at the house but doesn't go inside and risk his life. It's not until the last time, when Prue admits and says to him ... I mean it. This is not your fight. Don't make me use my magic on you. Andy, I would die if anything happened to you. I love you.
Andy says ... I love you too, Prue.

It's after this admission, that he takes action. He sees Rodriguez and his glowing eyes and jumps. Given this, and had things played out differently, like Andy's own surivival (or in an alternate version of a S4 where it was originally rumored that Andy was to make a return as a magical being before Shannen got the axe), I think things could have played out differently where Andy and Prue did resume their relationship with each other.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 05-23-2012 at 12:44 PM