View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 09:05 PM
GobSmacked82
Dedicated Fan

Perfect Gentleman

It sure is tempting to try to write a convo around the actual concert that Whitney gave at the Cipriani Hotel in New York all those years ago. Her spotting KC in the crowd, reacting with sheer joy, giving him props before the crowd, which would applaud, and then inviting him onstage for his part of the IWALY dedication. I just know some video footage would pop up and totally debunk my convo as a line of nonsense. So here is what I say happened backstage, after KC saw his date off in a private car, and an assistant led him to Whitney’s suite. Ladies, I edited out some errors that I spotted. Plus, I inserted a special guest star!!

WH: Oh. My. God. It’s The Man himself!
KC: Don't get up. Just wait there for me.
KC: Cissy, it's been so long. How could your daughter keep us apart like this? (hands Cissy some roses) And I thought I saw a little doyenne, or princess in training a little while ago.
Bobbi Kristina: (She raises her hand eagerly, straight up) Meeee!!
KC: (squats in front of her) Yep, there she is! The one and only Kristina. (presents a small toy to Bobbi Kristina) You’re going to like that.
Then KC sees Boooby Clown.
KC: Hey
He nods at Boooby, who is hovering. Then Kevin looks at Whitney again. Before Kevin approaches her, he spots Mary J. Blige and a guy with her.
KC: Man, it's R&B royalty. Ms. Mary, how are you?
Mary J.: I'm good, you know? My girl did great, didn't she?
Approaches Whitney with a bouquet of wild flowers, the kind you find in a meadow.
KC: These are for you. (Winks at her) Mary, I'm sorry, I ran out. I would have brought you something, but the Houston ladies, well, they came first.
Mary J.: I know; I get it. You have to treat your girl.
Boooby: She ain't nobody girl! And the baby is a Brown. Her name ain't Houston, it's Broooown.
Mary J.: Alright, OK. Let's just keep having a good time, now.
WH: I am getting up, no matter what you say. Come here! (They hug, and of course his arms go around the waist.)
KC: Look at you! Gorgeous as usual.
Boooby: (Smirks)
WH: Thank you. And for the flowers, too.
So everybody sits down and WH and KC have to behave themselves, while they make chit chat. Well, Whitney behaves, anyway.
KC: You had no idea I would be here, did you? You know, I had a notion to jump onstage to surprise you.
Whitney shakes her head and laughs, and is interrupted by …
Boooby: Naw, man. The handlers woulda clocked you.
Mary J.: No, Bobby. That ain't cool. Listen, I have to run, though. Kevin, nice to see you. Whitney, girl, you were amazing as usual. Call me. (Kisses Whitney)
KC walks her and her companion to the door. KC and the guy do then man handshake and they leave.
KC: (To Whitney.) But you’d save me right? One word from the queen would stop the thugs from moving in.
WH: Yeah, I’d get you out of trouble. You don’t trip or anything, so I’m not going to do you like that.
Boooby: (Kisses his teeth.)
KC: (Winks at Whitney)
Boooby: You got something in your eye, man?
Whitney: It is kind of dry in here. I’ve been blinking a lot myself. Must be that cold, dry November air.
KC: You should wear a fur. That’ll keep you warm. You know, unless it gets too hot. (He can’t help but smile. Whitney blushes a little, and fans herself. Bobbi Kristina crawls further up in her lap, trying to snuggle.)
Whitney: Mama, isn’t it time for Krissy to head to bed? (Bobbi Kristina immediately brightens up, and begins to campaign for a doll, then her bike, then milk, then water.)
CH: Come on, now, love. (She scoops up the baby and chats with WH about heading to bed, etc.)
Kevin gets up and gets the door for them. At the door, they chit chat a little, BK high-fives KC and they leave. Then KC returns to his chair, across from the settee where Boooby and Whitney are sitting. Boooby glares, KC pays him no mind.
KC: (Nods at Whitney’s belly.) So how are things?
WH: (brightens) They are great! I’m in my –th month. (Everyone makes chit chat about her baby.)
KC: Very nice. You know I wasn’t going to ask you outright if you were expecting. That would have gotten me slapped.
WH: I wouldn’t do that. You know I’m not going to do any violence to Kevin. You never gave me a reason to slap you.
KC: (Smiles) Well, no I never did. Not me. (Looks bored, then says to Whitney) There is a nice terrace around the way. You want to grab your coat and go for a little walk?
Boooby: You want me to bust yo’ @ss?
WH: (Looks irritated) Would you stop? I could use a walk, anyway. I’m not crippled.
At that point, Boooby’s cell phone rings.
Boooby: Excuse me. I have to take this call. Y’all can go for a walk, I guess, but be back before long.
KC: Let’s go.
KC gets up and immediately finds Whitney’s coat. Then helps her into it. Once, they are out on whatever terrace or balcony there is, looking at the city lights, he lets out a breath.
KC: Bunch of bull----. ‘Be back before long.’ What is he, your chaperone?
WH: He’s being a husband. Come on, give him a chance. He’s making an effort, and we’re in a good place now. Let me just enjoy it.
KC: (Smirks) Well, don’t worry. I came her to be a perfect gentleman. (winks) I just have one question.
WH: Go, baby.
KC: How long is this mercy date going to last, Whitney? Man, you’re absolutely smokin’, and then I look at that guy and it doesn’t add up. I mean, I know you like kids, and women tend to pity strays, but good GOD, Whitney.
WH: It’s not a mercy date, it’s a marriage. And you need to be nicer, Kevin. You were provoking the guy.
KC: I wasn’t. But if I were doing that, who would blame me? Here you are, this luminous goddess. I’m surprised all the other guys behaved themselves. If we had our wits about us, instead of just watching you with our jaws on the floor, we’d fling your little man out into the cold and give you the Cleopatra treatment, you know? I’d be the main guy feeding you the grapes, and the other slackers could just be getting your water or something.
WH: Oh, stop campaigning. I’m just happy your date was there to keep you in check.
KC: Hey, wasn’t I a gentleman? Did I run up on stage and try to put my tongue in your mouth? No. And just now? I didn’t even pull you on my lap where you belong. We’re alone now and I’m not trying to be on you the way God intended. And I haven’t even tried to pick you up and run off with you to, like, the Caribbean or anything. You gotta start giving me credit.
WH: You can’t do all that, anyway, Kevin.
KC: There are loads of things I could do. Just try me.
WH: Please watch your mouth.
KC: Can’t. I’m watching yours.
WH: You ain’t getting’ no play. Not tonight.
KC: You sure you don’t want to get in my car and drive around the park? Snuggle up?
WH: No!! My husband expects us back very soon. You’re so reckless!
KC: (Stands up straight and watches her for a second.) OK. But we’re going to have a complicated history together of you keep chiding me like this.
WH: Oh, Lord.
KC: OK, I’ll stop. Just let me say this one thing.
WH: And?
KC: It’s pretty obvious to me … that … your mother likes me better. Don’t give me the daggers! I’m a nice guy, good manners. Baptist upbringing. She wants me as a son-in-law, I can tell. Just listen to your mother on this, Whitney.
WH: OK, I’m heading back in. You’re not behaving.

Last edited by GobSmacked82; 05-09-2012 at 05:17 PM