View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 08:03 PM
emeraldgemstone
New Fan

Greetings everyone!

Hi Everyone,

I've been a long time lurker of FF and specifically the Kevney threads since the start. I absolutely love reading everyone's comments and insights. This is the #1 spot for Kevney news.

Gobsmacked, let me tell you I LIVE for your convos. They're gems. Seriously, you got maddd skills girl.

I found a news article that may give us insight into the Whitney's Cipriani performance back in 1998 which Kevin attended.

The Nanny's Robbin' The Cradle - Page 2 - New York Daily News

Whitney's caught off-guard
Whitney Houston got a little shock when she looked out into a concert crowd Wednesday night. Smiling back at her was her former co-star Kevin Costner.
The actor is said to have talked about surprising Houston by jumping onstage during her show at Wall Street's Cipriani Hotel. But the singer's handlers decided that might be too much of a surprise. (We wouldn't want her bodyguards beating up her "Bodyguard," would we?)
Houston, shimmering in her new auburn hair and a gold sequined gown, dedicated her "Bodyguard" anthem "I Will Always Love You" to Costner, "mommy" Cissy Houston and hubby Bobby Brown (who looked clean and sober, and thoroughly beguiled by his wife).

Other songs went out to gathered friends like Mary J. Blige, Kenneth (Babyface) Edmonds, gospel great BeBe Winans and songwriters Darryl Simmons and Denise Rich.
Arista chief Clive Davis was also there. Houston recalled how Davis told her one day, "You have to come back to work."
"When?" replied Houston.
"Yesterday," said Davis.
Six weeks later, she had cranked out her new CD, "My Love Is Your Love" with her 5-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina collaborating with Fugees star Wyclef Jean on the title track.

How much you wanna bet those "handlers/the handler" that put the breaks on Kevin surprising Whitney was Bobby? That son of a gun! He didn't want that reunion to happen on stage. Lucky Whitney still found a way to shine some light on Kevin that night.