View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 PM
genki-escapist
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipporah grace (View Post)
I also believe that while also possessing a koala face, Sheldon has an Amy face. Come on, you can totally see it.

Agreed. And while the koala face is just slightly creepy, I much prefer his Amy face since he looks perfectly relaxed and happy then.

BTW...

Quote:
I think Sheldon is a pakipot. It's pakipot, right? What is a tsundere? Is a tsundere that male version of a pakipot??! How do you pronounce both words?
Pakipot is Tagalog, while tsundere [ツンデレ] is Japanese slang, so both words are pronounced as they are written. [Tsu sounds a lot like su.]

Pakipot is like hard-to-get, the description of someone you need to chase, to butter up, to win over their affections, to break down to open up to you. Keep in mind that they probably liked you from the very beginning, but will outwardly resist you every step of the way. The term mostly applies to girls, and is rarely used on guys [but times are changing, so I hear the word used to describe guys lately]. It was traditionally expected behavior of girls, when they're being courted. It has a more demure/sweet image, than tsundere, which is pretty harsh.

Tsundere is a unisex term, though more popularly used for girls. In fanfics, whenever Sheldon holds Amy's hand/gets jealous and quotes some part of the RA instead of simply saying he wanted to/doesn't want to lose her, that's pretty tsundere. Heck, Sheldon trying to keep on his displeased face during Amy's campaign in this upcoming episode looks tsundere. His outburst in TIP is definitely tsundere, he's angry because of the disruption in his work and Lego fun time y'know, it's totally not like he was so worried about Amy and distressed that she was hurt. It's used to describe both the difference between the outer attitude and inner feelings, as well as the evolution of one's demeanor towards a certain special person [from cold and prickly, to warm and cuddly].

I'd write a high school AU fanfic if only to capitalize on Sheldon's tsundere aspect.

EDIT:

Whoa, Meg's analysis just proved that Sheldon's romantic love for Amy is beyond deep.

This is the kind of awesome analysis that has been making those who lurk here complain in other places about how Shamy shippers are obnoxious and always making inane conclusions just because they're canon, etc. Because I guess, people resort to insults when there's nothing else they can say?

To quote Sokka: Flamey-o Meg, flamey-o.

"If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
Kath/Anthea // fanfiction // tumblr

Last edited by genki-escapist; 05-02-2012 at 09:35 PM
genki-escapist is offline   Reply With Quote