View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 AM
Plucky Sidekick
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlgreenie (View Post)
Loving all the Caskett and Castle love in general. I've loved a lot of ships - some probably more than Castle, but the truth is I don't think any other ship has been handled this well!! I really can't fault anything to the showrunner - Andrew Marlowe is a genius - everything he's done with Castle/Beckett has made sense. It hasn't felt like he's been stringing us along to keep the will-they-wont-they going (which happens with a lot of shows). I genuinely believe that everything thats happened was necessary to get them to this point!!

ITA. The great thing about this show is how respectfully every character and relationship is always handled. The characters always come first. And it's been a four-year long build-up, but it was never stale. There was constant progression in the characters, as you can tell by the way each season has its peculiar feel when it comes to the C/B relationship. Man, I wasn't even a shipper in season 1, but by the end of the first episode of season 2 I was completely sold on them, because it was evident just how much Castle had already grown. The episodes up to Sucker Punch made me ship them hardcore and they only progressed further from that.
There's so much care and warmth in their relationship. Every bump in the road made sense, and they always managed to find their way back to each other and grow stronger. They never truly gave up on each other. When they do get together, I know it will be worth every minute of the wait.

Tumblr

Icon: Saejima