View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 PM
GobSmacked82
Dedicated Fan

Shot Calling

OK, I said I would tryyy to be a little more imaginative about Whitney and Kevin, um, canoodling. So I'm going to take a few liberties with the timeline in San Francisco and assume that this interview, posted by Azgirl, happened sometime around February 14, 1995.

WH: (Has just finished shopping in a boutique, heaves a pile of clothes onto the counter.) How much is everything?
Cashier: No charge for you, Ms. Houston. A gentleman paid for everything and left you this note.
WH: (takes the note and reads it. Smiles. The cashier finishes packing W's shopping bags, like five of them, and W leaves the store. She puts on a floppy broad-brimmed hat and sunglasses. Walks around the corner to a waiting car. Gets in.)
KC: (Looks at all the bags. Shakes his head.) Did you leave anything for the other women to buy?
WH: They snooze, they lose.
KC: I think I'll find out that you cleaned me out. (leans over and kisses her)
WH: If you weren't Kevin, I'd say following me shopping was a little creepy. So I deserve the extra treats for being followed. Don't you think?
KC: I'm not a creep. I'm in love. (kisses her again)
WH: We need to drive away from here. Let's go.
KC: Yes, ma'am. (they drive to a private, charming old Victorian mansion and pull up in the back.)
WH: I love how you just get property. (imitating him) Well, yeah, I have a house in Beverly Hills. Well, yeeaahh, I have a house in San Fran. Yeeaahh, I have an apartment in New York.
KC: (laughs) I borrowed this, just for today. It's my return Valentine's Day present.
WH: Wait. I didn't give you a Valentine's Day gift.
KC: You sure did. (Whips out a magazine) I see you told this reporter I was not hard on the eyes, and you think we should make a Bodyguard sequel. A compliment from the prom queen herself. Right here in black and white. (pulls her close to him) Just admit you want me, like all the time. Just admit you think about me constantly.
WH: Well, everybody knows Kevin Costner is a hottie. We all know that. But I can't think about you all the time.
KC: (starts walking her backward, to the stairs) But I am the sexiest man on the planet, right? Always will be? (Smiles broadly and starts kissing her) Best kisser ever ...
WH: You ai-ight!
KC: (pulls at her shirt buttons, undoes her shirt and strokes her back softly) OK, I need to ask you ...
WH: Ask what? Do we have to talk now??? (grabs his hand and starts walking up the stairs, leading him. But she doesn't know the house and messes up finding the right room. First they kit a bathroom, them a TV room, them a sitting room) Where are the bedrooms in this crazy house??
KC: (leads her straight to one) Here, and not a moment too soon.
(Whitney starts pulling off her shirt, which is hanging open. KC succeeds in pulling it off completely. They continue undressing each other.)
WH: (pushes Kevin down on the bed. He looks surprised.)
KC: Hey, that's my move!
WH: (sitting on him) Kevin, you do the whole routine at the boutique and then pick me up in an Aston Martin with tinted windows like you're James Bond's American cousin or something. Large and in charge? Big-ballin', shot callin'? That's kinda sexy!
(So they 'bond' for a couple hours. You get the picture. So a couple of hours later, they're in that afterglow.)
KC: I like it when you take the wheel. Saves me some work.
WH: Don't be fresh.
KC: Oh, I live to get fresh with you. But I got the answer to my question.
WH: What question?
KC: About 3 years ago when Bodyguard was coming out, and you were doing interviews promoting it, you talked with a British reporter from MSN. Remember that?
WH: I think so. Lots of British reporters around. They're like sands on the beach!
KC: This guy wanted to know if I was a good kisser. Wanted to know if I was the sexiest man on the planet. And you wouldn't answer him. It was so funny.
WH: But that was none of his business.
KC: You were so cute, all offended that people were asking you questions about kissing in a ROMANTIC movie. (laughs)
WH: What are you saying?
KC: You're adorable, that's all. 'I don't know if he's a good kisser. Why don't you ask Cindy that?!' Or something like it. (laughs harder)
WH: Don't you laugh at me.
KC: Sorry. But other actresses would have found a way to answer it and be coy. Not Whitney. From Newark. You gave that poor guy all this attitude!!
WH: I'm about to give you some attitude.
KC: You can give me all the attitude you want. It's like a dry spell when you're not around.
(pulls her leg up around his waist) At least NOW I know you think I'm the iths.
WH: Oh, Lord. This is why I don't like talking to reporters about you. One little thing, and it all goes up here. (taps his head)
KC: That's right. (kisses her slowly and deeply) What did she say, again? Shot callin', Kevin's sexy ...
(kisses her again)