View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 09:33 PM
GobSmacked82
Dedicated Fan

The RSVP

Here is another convo ladies. Someone asked for a convo on KC telling WH he wouldn't be at the wedding. You all know what I think about that. B4 I get started, let me say that people who get married usually see red flags in their partner, and see them clearly. But they let youth and optimism deceive them into thinking that they can overcome those issues with enough love and hard work. I personally don't buy into too much "hard work" in a relationship. Either it works or it's a pain. So here goes:

WH: Sitting in her kitchen with a cup of coffee. (A massive old-fashioned cell phone, like the one Sy had in TBG, rings. She clears her throat and answers.)
KC: Hey, it's the choir girl. What's new, Whitney?
WH: Hello Kevin. I'm just getting up.
KC: What?! It's 10 am. Man, you're not kidding. You hate mornings.
WH: Don't be so loud. It's too early.
KC: Rough night?
WH: That is none of your business.
KC: Ummm. I meant sleep wise. Would rather not picture you and that individual at all. Or you and anyone else. You should stay a virgin your whole life.
WH: (spurts the coffee) Bwahaha haaaa! I'm awake now! Virgin my whole life. You are too much! (wipes the table) So why are you calling? (sniffs and wipes her face from laughing)
KC: I've just RSVP'd for your wedding, like yesterday. You should get it in the mail soon. Whitney, I'm sorry but I can't make it out to New Jersey in July. For your wedding.
WH: (throws the tea cloth in the sink) Oh yeah, why not?
KC: I just have a lot of things going on here on the west coast. Post-production issues came up that I have to deal with. I need to spend more time with Cindy and the kids.
WH: (shrugs) Well, I guess. But it's not like you couldn't take one weekend off, and bring the family to New York. Visit the World Trade Center and all. But it's up to you.
KC: Yeah, I thought about all of that.
PAUSE
KC: I just don't want to come out there.
WH: It's up to you. Whatever you want to do. Nobody is making you. Besides, you're a grown man with a busy life. You've got to keep it moving. But let me ask you this? Is it because Boooby can't stand you?
KC: Thanks, Whitney.
WH: Who cares if he can't. You're my friend, not his. He needs to deal with it.
KC: I don't think he can deal. And I don't think I want to deal with him. You know, Whitney, he had a lot of nerve calling for me to have an AIDS test before kissing you in scenes. Who the kfcu does he think he is? I bet he's knocked up half of Miami and gave crabs to half of Detroit with that show of his.
WH: Alright, OK. Let's settle down.
KC: Whitney, what are you thinking marrying that clown? You could have any guy you want, ANY GUY, and you pick him? I heard the name of his new single is "Humpin' Around?" Somebody give me a drink.
WH: Damn! What happened to the sunshine? You flipped all of a sudden.
KC: If my daughters tried to pull that mess on me, stick me with a son-in-law like that, I'd ship them off to Venezuela or someplace.
WH: Stop it, Kevin. He's not all bad. He encourages me. He pushed me out of bed every morning to do The Bodyguard.
KC: Big deal. I held up the project for a year to wait for you. I know gold when I see it, and I can't believe you're marrying that guy. He doesn't know gold when he sees it.
WH: What's it to you, anyway? You know, Kevin. (Steps outside on her terrace.) You have a LOT of nerve trying to htis on my wedding plans. You have your family and all that. You're set. What am I supposed to do? Wait around forever for Mr. Right, who does not exist, by the way. You might as well have fun while you can.
KC: Whitney, the guy is about to be a father for the third time? Man, that's ... that's a lot for you to take on, Whitney.
WH: But it's OK. I'm telling you. Anyway, there are a lot of blended families out there.
KC: I just think this situation is a bit much, Whitney. There is so much to figure out. You're working hard ...
WH: Well, so is he. Boooby works hard, too. That's what people don't understand.
KC: OK, fair enough. He might work hard at his music. But his personal life ... Oh man. There is so much baggage there, Whitney. How are you supposed to share his time?
WH: You know what, Kevin? You're starting to get on my nerves with these questions. You don't like it when I drag things out and ask you this, that and the other.
KC: Well, OK. Maybe I'm being nosy about your personal life. A little. But there is a HUGE, huge difference between you taking two years to think about doing The Bodyguard with me and all your questions and me asking a couple of common sense questions about a big, major decision in your life.
WH: I'm hungry, and you're starting to really work my last nerve. I need canteloupe and pineapple and gravy. (rummaging through the kitchen.) I can't find anything.
KC: That's because you don't cook. Those are weird cravings, Whitney ...
WH: That's none of your business. Man, I don't like how you try to make out with me for all them months, and you think you can run all up in my business and ask me all kinds of questions ...
KC: I'm only saying what everybody is thinking ...
WH: You need to back up. Let me live my life and you live yours. Ain't nobody ask you, anyway. Mr. Married With Three Kids. What do you care if I get married?
KC: I don't.
(BIG PAUSE)
KC: Go ahead and marry that person. It's your life, and it's none of my business. You're a grown woman who can handle things on your own.
WH: Well ... OK. Damn right.
KC: And it shouldn't be a big deal if I don't show up, either, because I have my busy life and you have yours, right?
WH: Sounds right to me.
KC: Good.
WH: Great.
(They are quiet for a minute.)
KC: Did you find your food? Or do you need your maid to help you find your food?
WH: Shut up. (she starts rummaging again)
KC: I'm waving the white flag here, Whitney. Let's remain friends. I'd like to think I made a friend for life, right?
WH: Yeah, of course. Even though you sometimes talk too much and you tried to get me to have your baby while on set. You low-down dirty, dog.
KC: (Sighs) Ouch. You need to eat! And quick! Well, let's just say that in a few years you wake up and need a friend. I hope you know you have one out here where I am.
WH: Yeah I know. But a real friend would have ordered me up some pancakes by now and had them delivered. I'm starving.
KC: You still can't find your food? In your own kitchen. Wow, you need to move your sound mixing board to your pantry or something. You can't live like that Whitney. Go find your mom or your maid before you pass out.
WH: Talk to the hand!