View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
GobSmacked82
Dedicated Fan

You Trashed My Kitchen - Part III

OK, ladies. Here is the wrap up. The FINALE!

They're still making out on K's terrace.
WH: (pulls away) I need air! Man, you're good at this. (hugs him around the head. K's face us mashed in her neck and he pretends to fight for air. They both think that's hilarious.)
KC: Alright, I'm DONE playing. (picks her up and heads inside)
WH: You did not ask me!
KC: What?! (Whitney doesn't flinch. Just waits, swinging her feet) Aw hell. (Puts her down, kneels and holds her hands) Whitney did God spend a little extra time on making you?
WH: What?
KC: Do you raise the bar on perfection?
WH: ummm
KC: And why should I keep on having sodas when here's this long drink of Alpine water standing right in front of me? (stands up. Picks her up again)
WH: That was magnificent
KC: They usually say that afterward.
WH: Don't be braggin'.

Way later, Whitney and K are sitting up in his bed, wrapped in sheets. He is strumming and playing to her riffing and humming.

WH: Let's duet.
KC: Let's not embarrass Kevin.
WH: (shakes her head) Don't say things like that. I want to be around a guy who can handle who I am behind closed doors. Well, can you?
KC: What do call all this? (gestures around the room, which is in chaos)
WH: (nods) True dat! You could lay it down. But you can't distract me. I said we need to duet.
KC: We need to do it? (tosses the guitar aside and pulls her closer)
WH: We need to sing! Together.
KC: I bet I can get a treble F out of you.
WH: There will be effin' trouble if you don't stop playing.
KC: OK. OK. We'll sing. (picks up the guitar) I've always liked your version of 'Jesus Loves Me.' Let's go.
(They sing it together. And then she talks him into "Precious Lord." He talks her into some classic Elvis.)

WH: I really am hungry.
KC: Try being hungry for 7 long years. Let's fix a snack.

Sometime later, they're back in bed with a tray. While they eat, Whitney reaches into her purse and pulls out a cigarette.

WH: Can I have a light, please? (She puts it in her lips.)
KC: (snatches it out of her mouth) I'm not your enabler. And there's no smoking in the house.
WH: Whaaat? Why you being all mean?
KC: You're being mean to your own body. You know that's a bad habit. (he doesn't even look at her)
WH: Well, OK. I guess I can go without.
A few more moments go by.
KC: What are you thinking about?
WH: About how I just creeped out on my marriage, and I want a cigarette, but you won't let me have one because of all your rules and regulations.
KC: If that's the problem, then just stop feeling guilty about making love with your soul mate. Don't translate the guilt and stress to a bad habit. Save your lungs and stuff. It's rather simple to me.
WH: Vows are vows. That's simple, too.
KC: Oh come on, Whitney. I don't want to talk about that individual you married. I got you hot shoes. You want to talk about that? (he jumps off the bed, goes to a closet and brings her a box and a shirt.)
WH: I thought you just got me shoes.
KC: I did. Just throw the shirt on, and um, walk around and show me what you're working with.
(Whitney puts everything on. Then struts around K's room, modeling the shoes. Kevin is strumming "Pretty Woman." She walks right over to him.)
WH: I approve. The shoes are perfect.
KC: You're perfect. Omigod, she smiled! I gave her a compliment and she smiled. And it only cost $600.
WH: These are $600 shoes?! You are not playing.
KC: Whitney, when it comes to you, I mean business.
WH: And speaking of business ...
KC: You have to go?
WH: (she nods) It's almost 4 am.
KC: OK. But wait until I can get you safely out of here.
A little while later, Whitney is dressed. She's wearing K's shirt over her gown and she has the shoes in a shopping bag. They are watching his front door from a room further back.
KC: I hired a double and an extra car to creep out of here ahead of you. Hopefully, the photogs will bite, follow them and then we can be on our way.
WH: You're coming with me?
KC: I'm coming with you back to your hotel, rental house or whatever you singing superstars use when you come to town. I'll bring you to your door and leave quietly.
WH: Well, OK. I like that service.
(So that's what they do. They dodge the photogs and whatnot. The car pulls up and K walks around to let her out.)
KC: (watches her leave the car) OK, Cinderella. You got your shoes?
WH: (laughing) All four inches of glittering stiletto extravagance. Yes! They mine!
KC: (Pulls her close, and wraps her arms around his waist) I suppose I'll have to wait another 7 years to see you?
WH: Yeah. Another 7 years before you get any play. (they kiss long) But you never know. I might miss my period and figure out that it's yours and you'll be getting a call.
KC: (laughs) But that'll be our way out of this nonsense. I'd have to make an honest woman out of you. (hugs her closer)
WH: Oh, dream on. Dre-e-e-am. Dream, dream, dreeeaam.
KC: When I want you in my arms
WH: when I want you and all your charms
KC & WH: Whenever I want you all I have to do is dre-e-e-a-a-m.