View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 PM
GobSmacked82
Dedicated Fan

You Trashed My Kitchen

OK, so some on the threads were wondering what "happened" after KC and WH saw each other after the 1999 Oscars. Here's a convo of that.

WH: Kevin! Over here, gimme a hug, you.
KC: (Hustles his daughter through the crowd a little quicker than usual.) Just be cool. She's a great lady. Doesn't bite.
AC: I know how to be cool, Dad.
WH: Hey! (Hugs Kevin) And who is your lovely date?
KC: This is Annie, my daughter.
WH: (Taps Annie's arm) Your Dad bragged about you all the time on the set, girl. I can see he left out how gorgeous you are. What a outfit. Is the shawl Indian?
AC: Yes, my mom helped me put it together.
WH: Bless her heart. You look fantastic.
AC: I really liked your song. And it won! Is Mariah Carey really nice? Everybody says you two are rivals and hate each other. But you sat together and looked friendly.
WH: Thank you, dear. Mariah is my lamb chop! She is a sweet, gifted lady and everything negative people read about us is a pack of lies. They're trying to sell papers, that's all. You want me to get you her autograph? Maybe she's around here and we can take a picture all together.
KC: Ummm, hello?
WH: What? Excuse me, you need to learn to share. This is her time.
KC: (Rolls eyes) You ladies want anything to drink? Since I'm just the waiter.
(So he gets them things to drink. Champagne for Whitney; gingerale for Annie. Time passes. Whitney's nicer.)
KC: You look amazing; you haven't changed at all.
WH: Well, running here and there doing movies, soundtracks, touring. It helps me burn the calories. And running after Krissy half the time.
KC: Are you here the whole weekend, or ...
WH: (Rolls eyes.) Forget it, Kevin.
KC: Forget what?! I have no motives. Man, a guy can't make pleasant conversation any more without ...?
WH: And next it's 'where you stayin'? You ain't got game! Not with Whitney.
KC: Oh, my Lord. Why do I always walk away from a conversation with you feeling like I've just had my ear twisted.
WH: You deserve it. You earn it every time. You were straight gripping me while Elton was setting up that photo. My God, Kevin, I think you pulled me so tight the color of my gown rubbed off on your tux. You can see my body print, right there.
KC: You're overreacting, as usual. Let's go out on the terrace to talk.
WH: That's cool. Annie's alright here inside?
KC: Yeah, she's fine. She found one of the animators for "Prince of Egypt." And I tipped my guy to keep an eye out. Let's go.
WH: She's a beautiful girl, and I hope you taught her how to flip a guy over her shoulders if he gets fresh. In fact, if you move your hand any lower, I may have to demonstrate on her father.
END PART I