View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 PM
HP-Skins
Total Fan

the a c t o r s;

Dakota Blue Richards Sebastian de Souza

Franky, to me, is the most interesting personality in this show. She’s a true artist; she’s one of these pure souls, one of these very unusual examples of a severe concentration of love, hate, light and d a r k n e s s combined. She could smoke a joint then move a mountain, she could write a symphony then go and laugh and joke with her friends. She’s a free spirit and nothing is too big or too small, but at the same time, only very specific things matter to Franky. Dakota plays her brilliantly.
-Seb;

“ I think because Franky's character was the first one that was introduced,
they didn't want to go into her and her family situation and what's happened
to her before very deeply, which is nice, because it makes her character
mysterious, which is the same kind of thing I think they've done with Matty
and that draws them together as well. ”
-Dakota;

“ Today we're doing my almost sex scene, which is very exciting because it's in the woods... and it's COLD!
I was really worried about it before because it's quite, like, intense but... but yeah,
I'm glad I'm doing it with Seb cause that means, like, I can just have a good laugh with him! ”
-Dakota;

My character was cast a week after everybody else. I got into London for the final call in July
and realised I’d forgotten both my Oyster card and my debit card. So I had to run through
London for half an hour in the pouring rain and was late for the audition. But I got the job,
so maybe they liked the rainy and dishevelled look.”
-Seb;

I actually read for another character, Liv. It wasn’t until the very end of the process they said,
‘You’ve got the part, but it’s as Franky instead of Liv’. It took me a long time -to get what Franky is all about,
but I think that’s what’s quite special about her, because she is an amazing person, but nobody understands that.
I think I’m beginning to get her now. And I really hope I’ve done her justice
she’s genuinely a beautiful person inside.”
-Dakota;

• • •

the s o u n d t r a c k;

“As everything in life comes together now, I need your mind
And everything is light, I remember now
We don't even understand something's going on
We don't even understand so how could we be wrong

Ih-Ah, The Devin Townsend Project;

Touch my face, a hopeless embrace
Faith, it drives me away
but it turns me on Like a strangers love
It rockets through the universe
It fuels the lies, it feeds the curse
We, too, could be glorious

Glorious, Muse;

♪ Aim straight for the heart; FM mix| download here

“ She's pushing me blindfolded down to my knees
But her finger still shakes on the trigger
She's untying my hands though I gave her the rope
She's showing me mercy as much as she can

Oh but still she looks back, she looks back
Oh but there ain't no getting out of this mess
Oh you can't reverse the bullet from a gun

Bullet from a gun, The Script;

'cos she's the kind of girl who'll take your heart
& leave u feeling worse than u did at the start
'cos she's a headfuck, my baby is a headfuck

she's the kind of girl who'll break your mind
& make an easy meal of the sensitive kind

she's the kind of girl who'll steal your smile
& chuck it over there on the rest of the pile
'cos she's a headfuck, my baby is a headfuck

My baby is a headfuck, The Wildhearts;

“ So this is how the story went
I met someone by accident
who blew me away
who blew me away

It was in the darkest of my days
When you took my sorrow and you took my pain
And buried them away, you buried them away

Hiding my heart, Adele;

and when the world gets sharp and tries to cut you down to size
and makes you feel like giving in
oh, I will stay, I will rain, I will wash the words and pain away
and I will chase away the way we push
the way we pull
you're beautiful

Parachute, Train;

I believe there's a time and a place
To let your mind drift and get out of this place
I believe there's a day and a place
That we will go to, and I know you wanna share.

Walking in the cold
Just keep on flying
There'll be a searchlight
On the mountain high
God knows you're lonely souls

Lonely Soul, Unkle;

If I'm lost please don't find me
If I drown let me sink

When it's cold outside hold me. Don't hold me
When I choose to rest my eyes coax me. Don't coax me

Follow me to nowhere
Woven with the utmost care

Celestica, Crystal Castles;

• • •

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird,
and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours,
we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ”
-Dr. Seuss;

“ Why do you ship them? Try me. ”

on why we support
Matty & Franky;

I can’t help but love Franky and Matty when they are together. They need each other. I have no idea how to define what it is they have, and I’m not even all that sure what I want them to develop into. However, I want them to be close, I want them to care for each other, and I want them to help each other. They have an understanding between them, when they share a look what is shared between them doesn’t need to be spoken aloud, they just get it, while nobody else would. Many people don’t understand why I like them together, but he made her feel beautiful when she felt like nothing, she needed him and he was there. In my opinion, that’s a very good reason to love these two.
♪ HP-Skins;

I was shipping Fratty even when the promos came out and them being in the dark together in the intro. And usually stay with who I'd thought I'd ship until the very end when I see how their entire relationship unfolds. Both of them being so fucked/flawed draws me into them. I'd like to see Franky happy and I think that her crush on Matty is pretty obvious. So does Matty's on her.
♪ ripe to fall;

I actually feel a bit silly when shipper threads try to put together their "Why We Ship" lists. I mean, I can probably come up with several reasons why Franky and Matty are meant to be, but here's what I've realized after years and years of being a shipper junkie: It's not about the characters in the story. It's about YOU.
So... sure, you can debate. You can present us with facts... but you'll just be rehashing something that we already saw on TV. I mean, we all watched the same show... we just interpreted what we saw in different ways. We internalize certain scenes... and whatever touches us... whatever moves us... becomes our reason for shipping.
There's no right or wrong. You know why I started shipping Fratty? Because in the first episode, Matty told Franky that she was beautiful. Out of the blue. And it just grabbed me, you know? It made a big enough impression that I shipped them until the end. I stand by with my ONE reason. It was enough for me.
♪ *Rogue^Demon*;

I honestly feel like both Franky and Matty have a mutual understanding of each other and I'm really intrigued by them.
I started shipping them ever since the first episode where he told Franky she was beautiful. He was the one thing that made her feel better about herself since there's no doubt that when they first met she was emotionally and perhaps mentally unstable, driven to the point of brandishing a ~gun and aiming it at her antagonists. Franky really needed to hear that and I loved Matty for consoling her with those two little words. Their scene in the pilot really made an impact on me and I then knew I had to see more of these two.
♪ Penny Avenue;

The reason why I support Matty and Franky together? They've asked many times.
Does the fact they had the best first meeting in the history of Skins count? Or that both of them support this strange and beautiful idea more than we do? Why do I need to tell you any reason in the first place?
Matty and Franky are two lost kids who met by chance. It's about that, really. They're quite similar - not so similar that it makes them boring, but not so different that it makes them incompatible - and I believe they've been through a lot in their lives. For some twisted joke of destiny they've found each other when they were less expecting it, or wanted it really; one was looking for a place to call home again, the other had given up on the fact people could accept her for who she was. So they did what they do best: hide, run away.
I bet neither of them was expecting to be found. But then they met again, and as much as they tried not to expect anything from the other, or people getting in the way, or their past being there like an old friend for both of them, it's nice to remember how it feels to be found.
I'm not sure they know what this connection is about or how to call it, really. I don't mind.
I think the beauty of their relationship is all about that: being inexplicable but being there nonetheless. You can see this mental connection arise from the very start and while they can't quite put their fingers on what it is or where it will lead them - probably never will, yet it can't go out. And why does it have to?
Well, maybe it still feels wrong for you, but not for me.
♪ heimweh;

What i love about Matty and Franky is that all her life, Franky never felt "normal". She never had that sense of "home" and "belongingness". and the first person to ever make her feel beautiful and special is Matty. and he's constantly made her feel that way. he's seen how beautiful she is right from the start and I guess, for the first time, Franky finally found that "home" she has always been looking for. And you know what they say.. home is where the heart is.
♪ listzomania;

It's funny because this ship is forever going to be labelled as the ~staremates~ ship and people think that's the only reason why we ship them. No. Their eye sex moments are just the breadcrumbs to the bigger things. Little things like eye sexin is what every ships enjoys. I love them because they're the only two people in the group that truly get each other; they're both outsiders, both have family problems. They would be good for each other (once they sort their issues out). And yeah, I have character bias in that I want my favourite to be with someone that truly cares for her. So what?
♪ LondonTown89;

Uhm, it's hard to find a reason for these two. They're not reasonable people!
Basically my favourite female character is Franky, and my favourite male character is Matty. There's this tension between them, maybe that tension is what draws me into them.
I've the feeling that Franky, in war with her female part but not strictly lesbian, could solve some of her troubles if she allows Matty to love her. Matty loved Liv, yeah. Now he realized he loves Franky more. It’s always love, but a different way. This one for Franky is something totally new for Matty, he is different with her.
I'm not that kind of skins fan that looks for the fandom. I ship just the true love. Effy/Freddie, Naomi/Emily, Sid/Cassie. And I just saw a glorious, white, and charming requited love between Matty and Franky, that's it.
♪ marianuvs;

There's just something so truly epic about this couple.
I mean, separately they're already these fascinating broken characters, but together they just meld together in the most perfect way.
And something about them just transcends physicality, because they are just so much more than that.
♪ hypnotisedbabe;

• • •

The way that the script executive Neil described their relationship is that basically, Matty is
someone who likes to see himself living in this darkness and that's where he gets his mystery.
That's why he puts that out about himself and why he doesn't really let people in.
He described the other people in his life as like candles - they come in and they bring this light
into his life
and he's fascinated by it but after a while they'll burn out and he'll get bored
of them, which is why he's been moving away and never really settled before.
Then they describe Franky as being the one that won't go away. ”
-Dakota;

“ If I could choose, I’d have you stay. But I gave my heart to you,
and it’s yours to break. Before my fears tear us apart.
Won’t you follow me into the dark? ”
-Into the dark, James Blunt;

• • •

a friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words

Atty Ranky

BEST friends. ALMOST lovers. FRIEND mates.
From the moment Atty and Ranky met, it was obvious they were destined to be bffs! Their purely p l a to n i c relationship is wonderful, as it’s so nice to see a boy and girl pair on skins who are so c o n n e c t e d, yet have absolutely no chance of being anything but very close friends.
For a while they seemed confused about their feelings for each other, almost seeming to believe that maybe they felt something other than friendship, but thankfully they realised their mistake in time and ‘ let go ’ with a wonderfully platonic hug. This allowed a beautiful friendship to develop.

Matty was pleased to find someone who liked foxes as much as he did, and Franky wanted to share her passion for Lidl with him. Lidl quickly became their favourite shop and they spent many carefree afternoons buying -or in Matty’s case stealing- camping gear (like night vision goggles) and clothes (like r e d c o a t s) from the discount paradise.

Unskinny love: When two people are in fraternal love with each other
but are too shy to admit it, although they still show it.

Wearing their new matching red coats and with night vision goggles in hand they skipped into the woods together to platonically camp out and watch the foxes and squirrels under the stars. While out in the woods Matty played some James Blunt songs for Franky and she absolutely adored them.
It was at that moment that Matty knew that any girl who loved foxes and James Blunt was going to make the p e r f e c t b e s t f r i e n d. Similarly, Franky knew that anyone who could understand her love of Lidl was meant to be her platonic buddy for life.

They went on many adventures together; spent many more nights camping, went to the premiere for the final Harry Potter, and once Matty even took Franky to a James Blunt concert.
An amazing bond formed between them which to this day is solid, delightful and above all P L A T O N I C!

top platonic
moments;

“ People are worried about perception,
but I'm not too bothered about that

-James Blunt; (obvs)

on why we support
Atty & Ranky;

Atty and Ranky have, without a doubt, the most platonic relationship ever seen on Skins. Nothing makes me happier than to think of them merrily jogging off to Lidl on a beautiful sunny afternoon, most likely to buy more night vision goggles (they watch foxes so much they always wear them out). I enjoy the way they always dress to match each other, and even share their clothes sometimes. BFFs should always match, and these two are perfect. I can only hope and pray that one day I meet the Matty of my dreams just like Franky did. Yet I don’t think I will ever meet someone who loves me as platonically as Matty loves Franky, which makes me sad (Also, I need someone to go to James Blunt concerts with)
Lisa;

How can I even describe how much I love their relationship? It's so BEAUTIFUL and PERFECT!!!111 than any words fail to capture its true essence. A charming requited true friendship blossomed since the moment they first saw each other, where it was clear to the viewer they were going to interact as platonic best buddies through the series.
When Matty took her pain away, calling her 'beautiful' like every best friend should, Franky knew she had finally found that sense of 'home' she had been looking for her whole life. She had finally found a brother. I know that's what you felt that, viewer. Unreciprocated fantasies managed to threaten this perfect relationship, but every friendship hits a few obstacles on the road. Franky later explained she had been reading G.R. Martin for the past few months, that's why incest didn't seem so wrong at the time. Matty later acknowledged it was better to read Harry Potter, and he stole a complete collector edition from Lidl (only the best for her) for Franky.
Friends without benefits once again, they lived many glorious adventures together. You don't need to know them, trust me.
What you need to know is that their friendship inspired the world once again. With the wonderful notes of 'goodbye my friend' in their ears - you're a Muggle so you can't hear them - they let go of each other completely sharing the most AMAZING and PLATONIC hug viewers had ever witnessed to. Even Martin readers. The look in her eyes said it all: they'll be best buddies forever.
Mel;

Atty and Ranky have been an inspiration for me and my new project since the moment I saw them on my TV. While I have to say these new kids aren't as good looking as the previous ones, they definitely got better taste in music. Not only these two are the best fans one could ask for (they never miss one of my concerts, and once they boy was almost arrested for trying to get near me, but I later explained to the police he just wanted an autograph for his sister, or so he told me, so I signed their matching red jackets and even had a pic with them.) they also incarnate the ultimate meaning of my music. I was delighted to discover my songs were such an inspiration for their letting go.
I want them in my next video.
James Blunt;

Many are convinced that a long-term, truly platonic friendship between individuals of the opposite sex just isn't possible. Romantic interest, physical attraction and sometimes, the jealousy of significant others can threaten to sabotage a cross-gender friendship. Obviously they never met these two.
wikihow, how to be just friends;

I don't have a mum or a sister. I'm so glad I 've finally found a brother!
Ranky about Atty;

She's the sister I never had. I love her like a sister, really. Even if I've never had a real sister so I wouldn't know. Well, you get me. You get me, right? ****, my head is fucked.
Atty about Ranky;

“ Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light. ”

reminders;
aka as our glorious ex-tags
ballbags, failboats, friends, glorious things, shiny things, james blunt, sparkles, every source of light really, flames, candles, foxes, squirrels, people who are most likely friends, night vision goggles, platonic things ™, luckless romances, this is the ship of letting go, the face of letting go, anything starting with b, hobbits, curls, hair in general (we're shallow), free hugs, guns, bullets, boots, trench coats, weird things in general, LIDL.

twitters;
rolled an ready here;

frankyfitz & mattykrust

• • •

v i d e o s;
Bloodstream;
Taotou;
In my veins;
Starlight;
I see you;
Into dust;
Cut;

“ Happiness is a warm gun. ”
“ You wait. The wheatfield never changes…those who are truly tamed can never really be untamed
again
… and those who tame us eventually return, for they themselves have been tamed as well. ”

holding on;
B/C together, they're headeffingly.....beautiful.
She is his glorious. He is her random. This has otp written all over it.
We were like strangers who knew each other very well
Friends who hug each other stick with each other
Maybe you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see.
Shoot me, i’ll shoot you. you’re beautiful.
We have been in the same places, you and I.
I wish you would tell me how you really feel, but you’ll never tell me cos that’s not our deal
You are the night time fear, you're the morning when it’s clear, you’re my head, you’re my heart.
Build something... tear it down
{Frankly♥M'dears} We don't give a darn about what you say. We're failures and we're INDEED in love with it.
Never Repatriated {Matty ♥ New!Effy} Your little heart is gonna be sewn. Where did the future go? Parts unknown
{Mattster ♥ Batgirl} Go on then.
"I fell in love...with a real heartbreaker"
"Love never lets you use the right side of your brain"
"I knew it was over, so wake me when its over"
“I’ll bite the bullet for your love”
Their love is unrequited. Except it never was.

• • •

“ Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be
this hard. Oh, take me back to the start. ”

letting go;
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 |09 | 10
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40
41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50
51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60
61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65

gif of the moment;