View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 09:57 PM
whitney&kevinforever
Part-Time Fan

Kevin and Whitney are bound together forever

Originally Posted by Natasha777 (View Post)
He said out of his own mouth "I ELECTED." He is from the old school and so was she. He is the man. He took the lead. She had "big trust in me", and she deferred to him more than we can ever imagine. He knows what he is talking about now. The man is just brilliant - and he said out of his own mouth after the movie was done in an interview - "There was a method to my madness." That still holds true today. He knows what he is doing and saying out there. He is not weak. He knows how to answer questions. How he does it basically has to do with the state of mind and action he's in when he gives an interview - the interviewer's way of interviewing - and what "madness point" he wants to get out there. When mentioning the other actors - he was just giving Whitney some props on her acting ability. He also said in the Memories DOC - that he wanted her to know that she was his colleague. He may not have had time to go other places in that particular interview and setting other than in the way he went.

This I also how I understood this comparison. I am glad someone else understood it that way because there is no way Kevin will disavow his love for Whitney-NEVER.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kev is in control of this situation (his emotions) more than people think. It is almost a challenge and goal to him to be able to do it and not just get thru it - IMO. He has Whitney to lean on, as she is forever present as his Angel. Do we not believe that she is his Angel? She will never let him down. She never did when she was here. It’s just that FATE is always the ultimate winner. I don't think he is weak. I don't think he is suffering inconsolably. I don't think he is near a breakdown. I think he is very strong. He just loves and misses his baby, although she is always near him. He is still ANGRY at what they did to her. He did and still laments the fact that he would have traded for, hoped and prayed that she could/would have been able to live and love on Earth in peace, and not have been MANIPULATED – than to his having sat around hoping and praying that she was physically his over the years. That's true love. He hates how she was treated and especially by Bobby and Clive.

GREAT POINT!! Awesomely stated. I could not have said it better even though this is exactly what I have been thinking
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
I think it's the third option because I don't think Whitney could really take or just break his heart like that she didn't seem to be that type of person. So I'm leaning towards the 3rd option-they both went into it knowing/accepting it would be over once the BG was over.
Could be, most definitely. And his heart would be broken once it was over no matter what, so the song lyrics still hold. Do you remember the interview (I think in the Memoirs DOC) where he says something like "it was a good environment because of how we got along, but it wasn't a great environment because I would have liked to have had more time with her" - or something like that, of course, in typical Kevin fashion, you could interpret it to mean "more time to help her with her craft," but I think he really meant that he wanted more time with her, period. He didn't want it to end.

I am glad someone caught that sentence in the DOC about “I wanted more time with her.” I swear that DOC is a gold mine of Kevin and Whitney love tidbits. The first time I heard it, I was “Wow dude, try t not be so obvious!!” LOL. Kevin’s mind is so brilliant that he will find a way to convey his love for Whitney even when you think he is not because one cold interpret it as him wanting time with her to make the movie even better but we know he just wanted the shoot to keep going so he can see her almost every day. Poor guy, the love bug bit him really really hard, LOL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Casual observer
TBH--I agree with you about the other point--I think after awhile he would've been disloyal to Whitney as well. But maybe that strong love he had for her would've made him reform his womanizing ways once and for all in order to win her back when she walked out.

I strongly believe that if Kevin had gotten with Whitney, he would never have set eyes ever again on another woman. He says in his eulogy that as Whitney is going back to her Creator even the Creator is awed by how he created something so perfect (you guys, need to read each word when Kevin speak as it reveals a lot of his mind and soul.) Whitney is to him Perfection, a creation that has no comparison. He worshipped the ground she walked on, he would have given her the moon and then tried to figure out how to give her the other planets and then the other galaxies, LOL. He really really really loved and still loves his Whitney.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously--Kevin's true feelings for Whitney were so evident in all his actions....he could not hide his feelings despite being an actor. The man was so smitten it wasn't even funny. I'm sure he fantasized about being with her, maybe even of leaving his first wife for her (though that's debatable because as someone else said, he wanted to have his cake and eat it too). The worst thing he could do right now is try to deny that he and Whitney had a special unique bond and relationship. He was used to bless Whitney during her life. But she was used in death to bless him. No one cared who he was anymore. Sorry to be so blunt, but would any of you be on internet message boards discussing Kevin Costner right now if it hadn't been for that eulogy and the re-airing of The Bodyguard showing their interaction? I know I sure wouldn't. Not even close. When I read he had a twitter account but hadn't yet posted any Whitney tribute, I looked for it only to see a mere handful of followers (4,000 something at the time). I looked at other actors--they had hundreds of thousands of followers--some had millions.

But Whitney's eulogy shone the spotlight back on him--and in a very positive way. Where would Modern West be now if not for that? Certainly not selling out shows--and would Anderson Cooper or Diane Sawyer have been interviewing him? I doubt it. Her death really did jumpstart his career. That was Whitney giving back to her man from beyond the grave imo. He had done so much for her while she was alive, now it was her turn to do something for him. They had far more than just a working, professional relationship--even more than just a run-of-the-mill affair of the hearts and bodies--they shared a deep spiritual connection that was and is entirely on another level. A true Divine Destiny to be part of each others' lives. To try to downplay it at this point and backtrack is almost like he's betraying her and her memory. He needs to knock that off--or he will begin losing all the goodwill he's built up since her passing.

VERY WELL SAID!!! Kevin blessed Whitney with that movie and the songs they created together and while alive Whitney always expressed her gratitude for that (as recently as when shooting “Sparkle” she mentioned in the Entertainment Tonight interview again the great experience Kevin allowed her to have when shooting The Bodyguard and how she wanted to recreate that for Jordin) and in death she is making sure from beyond the grave that he can feel her love and the whole world’s love. As you say, Kevin Costner now is back in the international conversation since the eulogy why: Because everyone could feel the love between him and Whitney from the content of his eulogy. One portion of the eulogy that struck me was when he said he held and hand, reassured her, told her he would be with her every step of the way and that she will not fail. And boy did she not fail!! She hot hit out of the park in that Movie and both of them will be talked about as a “ one-of-a-kind pair” from here on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin Costner, Whitney Houston: Actor-Singer Claims Responsibility for Icon's Biggest Hit

Most people know Kevin Costner as an Oscar-winning actor, director and the star of blockbusters like Dances With Wolves. But Costner has been slinging a guitar for as long as he's been gracing the silver screen -- and music, in many ways, has had a huge impact on his career.

"It's worked its way into almost every facet," Costner tells AOL Music Blog during a visit to Toronto.

He's playing music in one form or another for most of his career, sometimes even writing songs while he's making movies. He even played a part in one of the biggest hits in music history when he suggested that his co-star Whitney Houston cover a little Dolly Parton number called "I Will Always Love You" for The Bodyguard.

"It's a great song and I thought that the sentiment of it was something that was powerful," he recalls. Not everyone was on board at first, but his passion for the tune soon won over Houston and producer David Foster. "That was not what you would call a conventional choice or even close to it. But everybody began to understand how the song could work and then Whitney did a beautiful job of it. David Foster was really important in the understanding that I wasn't going to back off and embraced what I needed."...

I AM JUST GOING TO SAY “I TOLD YOU” to you ladies. I know Kevin will go down proclaiming his legendary cinematic and musical and love pairing with his Whitney. He cannot help it. He just has to say her name. Her name is like the Oxygen he needs to breathe. I kind of imagine him, sitting alone sometimes since she passed, talking to her. That’s how deep these two go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This site has some really great pictures. Some are really interesting. There's one with Whitney on a motorcycle. Perhaps someone can post them. Here's the link.
The Bodyguard | The Whitney Vault

Thanks, Phili. Some pics do not appear in scenes in the movie at all. Like the one where she is wearing the white man’s shirt and black pants: that one is awesome. Please ladies, can anyone copy some of these awesome pics. Thanks a bunch !!