View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 04:35 AM
onlimain
New Fan

I really enjoyed this episode.

I know a lot of you are disappointed it didn't end with the sisters face-to-face, but I would have hated it if that had happened. The only way for them to do it would be if Bridget still didn't know the full extent of Siobhan's hatred for her. I don't want some cheap cliffhanger that only momentarily gratifies me. I liked how Bridget gradually learned more & more about Siobhan's involvement in her life. Once she learned her sister was still alive, it seemed like Bridget felt there wasn't anything else she could learn that would shock her. But finding out your sister wanted you dead as revenge for your indirect involvement in your nephew's death? She did not see that coming. As you can probably tell, I'm pretty satisfied with how it ended. If Ringer comes back for a second season, Bridget & Siobhan will be on pretty even footing when they finally confront each other. Even if Ringer doesn't get renewed, I still like the ending we got. The events that happened were mostly organic & felt resolved, while still open enough to tease your imagination.

I have to admit though that I had hoped Siobhan would save Bridget from Bodaway, but I liked that Machado was the one to do it too. He was told to stay away from the Bodaway case or else he'd lose his job, but when he found out "Siobhan" could be in danger from Bodaway, he was on the first flight out. The FBI have given him a lot of chances, so I'm not sure if he'll still have his job when he goes back. He did end up getting Bodaway--sort of--so that might sway things in his favor, but he disobeyed a direct order.

This forum is the reason why I 'ship Bridget/Victor, in addition to Bridget/Andrew. But I saw them more as a future!ship, if that makes any sense. I figured Andrew was going end things once he found out about the deception. No one likes being played for a fool. (Bridget doesn't think of him as one, but that won't stop Andrew from feeling like one.) Did anyone else notice that huge grin Victor got when he saw who had called? I think he's a tiny bit smitten.

I also loved the fact that Andrew & Juliet didn't forgive Bridget. In another post, I had stated that while I 'ship Bridget/Andrew, I fully expected them to crash & burn. And boy did the show deliver. True, I had predicted/hoped Juliet would be more forgiving, but I completely understand why she wouldn't be. The truth was revealed on the heels of the other huge bomb that Siobhan was cheating on Andrew with Henry--among all the other major upheavals & revelations of the past seven months. Plus, she's still a teenager. Also, she hasn't had any time to process things yet. Andrew had the perfect reaction (for me). At least this way, any relationship these two decide to pursue with Bridget--if any--it will be as themselves.

Amy, I was bummed Malcolm wasn't in the episode either, but I was glad Bridget credited him with her sobriety. He has not been forgotten. And I'm doubly glad she is continuing her NA meetings. I know they mentioned a possible corpse in Hoboken, but I figured that was just in case Mike Colter isn't available later on--provided they get a second season.