View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 AM
Shiroja
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
That's true it could have been. And wow she's so young in those photos! Those are from a photo-shoot I think it was in her teen modeling days which I keeping on for some reason forgetting about that she was before she became a singer don't know why.
Yes, Whitney was only 18 in these photos. She had such a pure, innocent and sweet face...no wonder she was scouted by modeling agents. I love Whitney's smile. To me, Whitney's smile is her most beautiful feature and like Kevin said, she had a little girl smile.

(photo source: Never-seen photos of a young Whitney Houston – CNN Photos - CNN.com Blogs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirlA (View Post)
To be completely honest with you Shiroja I've have never really been a crazed fan of him as an actor. I 1st watched the BodyGuard when I was a little girl so after finally remembering him at Whitneys homegoing I could only recall I liked him in the movie and that he was really good looking obviously. I watched some of Dances with wolves but never really finished it. Oh & I just happened to catch Mr Brooks on Lifetime one evening by chance and almost didnt recognize him at 1st but he did a good job in that film too. I really hate to sound shallow but in all honesty I was a fan of KC's looks more than anything. As far actors were/are concerned I've always enjoyed Denzel Washington, Bruce Willis, Nick Nolte, Tom Cruise, Danny Glover, R. Deniro, dare I say even Mel Gibson before he became a looney toon & I absolutely love Harrison Ford especially in Random Hearts. Not to take away from Costners talents or anything but there were other actors I preferred seeing as far as movies were concerned
LOL! I like your honesty prettygirl. Same here, I can't deny that Kevin Costner is a hunk...and he looks even better with age. He's got this amazing soft eyes that can melt any woman he stares intently at. I also find his voice very calming. I want to give his movies another look - I've also heard good things about his acting in Mr. Brooks and The Upside of Anger. Maybe Kevin shouldn't stretch himself too thin by starring and directing in the same movies. It might be good for Kevin to act in a Tarantino movie, it sure did revive John Travolta's career. lol.

The actors that you mentioned are cool too. I think some roles are interchangeable between Kevin Costner, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford and Tom Hanks - eg. we can swap KC in Braveheart and MG in Robin HOod, and I think KC would have made a good Forest Gump, don't you think? Although Tom Hanks nailed the role, I can imagine KC as Forest and WH as his Jenny. Why not? An interracial couple back in the 60s would have been radical!

Back to Kevin's eulogy and how Whitney's death-Kevin's eulogy-The Bodyguard has affected the world, it's interesting to see in twitter that Kevin and Whitney's names have become a part of popular culture. I've seen tweets saying, "I want a Kevin Costner/Whitney Houston type of deep love", or "I'll be the Kevin Costner to your Whitney Houston", or "We're like Kevin Costner/Whitney Houston. We love each other but cannot be together." (Note - they were not talking about Frank and Rachel, but Kevin and Whitney). Kevin and Whitney are truly linked forever, like Romeo and Juliet.