View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 08:34 AM
GobSmacked82
Dedicated Fan

Take the Day Off

During The Bodyguard shoot, the crew works one half day, after the leading lady is forced to call in sick.

WH: (leans back on her bed) Thanks mama. (Cissy spreads a blanket on her daughter.)
CH: You want anything else to drink? I'll get you some water.
WH: (nods. Then there is a knock at the door)
CH: I'll get it, baby. You stay there. (opens the door and Costner comes in)
Cissy & Whitney: Oh, good evening ...
Cissy: Mr. Costner
WH: Kevin
KC: Good evening Cissy. It's good to see you. I heard about what happened, Whitney. How are you feeling? (walks over to her bed and slips her hand in his.
WH: It's painful. But I'll be alright. Bobby is supposed to be on his way now. I'll be OK. (glances at her mother and pulls her hand out of Kevin's)
KC: Do you need anything? The doctor came to see you. What about a nurse?
CH: I'm on shift tonight.
KC: Of course. Nothing beats mom's touch. I just meant if you wanted an extra hand.
CH: Whatever Whitney wants is fine.
WH: Mama, Kevin, I'm OK. The doctor saw me; I have my mama. I'm fine. Please don't fuss.
KC: Well, you have to take the day off tomorrow.
WH: I will not. I don't want the whole operation to come to a halt because of me.
KC: You will take the day off, Whit. Come on. You can't get up and around like this right away. One day off won't kill the operation.
CH: Maybe just one day, baby. If he's offering it.
WH: No. I don't want to lay around thinking about dead babies. How is that supposed to help me? No. I'll go back to work; it's my choice.
KC: No. I have a say, too. I said I'd look after you, and I will. (grabs her hand again. Cissy notices)
WH: If you want to look after me, then you will listen, Kev.
CH: Maybe he's right, baby. Just one day.
WH: No! I told y'all I don't want to lay around thinking about this. (Starts to tear up. Covers her face)
KC: OK, Whit. If that's what you want. I'll support that. You sure you want to be on set tomorrow?
WH: YES! I told you. (starts sobbing)
CH: (Brings Whitney some water. To Kevin) Maybe just let her do it. Working sometimes helps the mind stay off its problems.
KC: Yes ma'am. But I'm reluctant, and if I so much as see or hear that you're not well, Whitney ...
WH: I'll be OK. (wipes her tears)
KC: Alright. I'm leaving. We'll start with the scene where you're at the dressing table and you answer the stalker's call, thinking it's Fletcher.
WH: (Nods)
KC: (Gets up) Well, good night. I have to call Cindy and the kids. Good night Whitney.
WH: Nods, dabbing her face with a tissue.
KC: Good night, ma'am.
CH: Good night, Kevin.

THE NEXT MORNING:

The phone call scene is shot.
Director: Looks good everybody. That's a wrap! We're done for the day.
(everyone breaks up and leaves the set)
WH: We're all done? But I thought we had three other scenes to do?
Director: Nope. We're done. Came from the brass at WB, over Kevin's head.
WH: Oh. OK.
(later, in her trailer, KC, CH and WH)
WH: Did you do that?
KC: Do what?
WH: Shorten everyone's workday and tell them to go home early.
Kc: No way. My partners made that call.
WH: I wonder why.
KC: Oh, come on, Whitney! Your hands were shaking. I saw. You're not 100%. What did you expect me to do? Watch you pass out?
WH: I will not pass out!
KC: Anyway, what's done is done. There won't be any shooting for the rest of the day. (moves really close to her and holds her by the arms) Now I want you please, please, please get back to your suite, lay down and rest.
WH: (rolls her eyes)
KC: There won't be any practicing, rehearsing or anything. Just take it easy.
CH: I have to agree, sweetheart. There is no use. There is nothing left to do today anyway. (she puts her arm around Whitney's waist)
WH: Fine. FINE! (she pushes his arms off her and Kevin flinches)
Cissy averts her eyes while Whitney and Kevin stare each other down.
KC: Okay, I'm leaving. I'll see you tomorrow morning, for a regular work day.
WH: That's right. All work.
(Cissy raises her eyebrows, but doesn't say a word.)
KC: Good day, ma'am (Cissy nods). Good day, Whitney.
WH: Yeah.

Last edited by GobSmacked82; 04-15-2012 at 08:43 AM