View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Koda
Absolute Fan

Quote:
This means that she lost very virginity to a man she never consented to marry in the first place and did not love at all. I just can't, it just makes me so broken hearted for her.
Yes, yes and yes! And I keep hoping that they will address some of this. Regina being trapped, forced to bend to what others want and expect from her, having every opportunity to act according to her own free will taken away by people like her mother (and her magic) and her husband in every aspect of her life explains so much.

And it's not like Leopold is the only example of creepy fairytale morality. King Midas and King James basically sold their children for the supposed good of their respective kingdoms and planned to marry them off without giving their consent any thought too. I understand that the Enchanted Forest is meant to represent a pseudo-medieval society, but I would still like the show to acknowledge that a lot of things that went on back there (and a lot of things that happened to women in particular) were just plain wrong. And super creepy. Jane Espenson and that fabulous line she wrote for the Evil Queen (about how she's not supporting the notion of a woman kissing a man who held her captive) in "Skin Deep" was a good example of how this can actually work within the context of the show and even on the fairytale level of storytelling.

Aww. Thanks for adding those gifs, Fi. They're so cute! I just can't get enough of those two and their adorable interaction. And I have a bit of a crush on Noah too. I recently searched the net for pictures of him because I was working on a photoset request on Tumblr and found some really great stuff. I'll try to share some of it later!
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |