View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:23 AM
GobSmacked82
Dedicated Fan

His Princess

A few weeks ago I noticed the parallels between the troubles and deaths of Lady Diana and Whitney Houston. Both were obviously, two of the world's most beautiful women, whose in-laws were a royal pain in the @ss, and who died far too early. The Earl of Spencer, Diana's brother, gave a moving tribute speech to her that world still remembers, and Kevin Costner's tribute speech, of course, has touched everyone's hearts everywhere. Whitney might have noticed some commonalities between herself and Lady Diana, including discussions to do The Bodyguard with KC. I just happened to dig up a "transcript" of that phone conversation.

KC: (waits for phone to ring & pickup) Hey Whit!!
WH: Morning
KC: You OK? You sound flat.
WH: What?! I am never flat. Whoever said that is a damn lie. I was put here to sing.
KC: Whoa, whoa, wait a minute now. Let's not get upset. Who's bugging you? Booooby?
WH: A little of that. I went and did something that I never do, and now I know why.
KC: What was that? Whatever it is, I forgive you.
WH: I don't need your forgiveness. Should be the other way around. I was reading a blog and it said you were trying to do The Bodyguard 2 with Lady Diana. That you tried to and even had a talk with her.
KC: Yeah, I saw that. It's true.
WH: Ugh. All this time you over here acting like 'Whitney's this' and 'Whitney's that,' but in reality you were moving on your next movie virgin.
KC: What?!?! Where is this coming from? It was only a conversation. Or two. Anyway, we didn't talk about actually signing a commitment, or anything, we talked about what if we did The Bodyguard 2. Totally different.
WH: I bet you were grinning and smiling when you talked about her. Just like Whitney.
KC: Hallelujah ... she's jealous!!
WH: Ain't nobody jealous of some English girl that can't sing!!
KC: Well, actually ... NO, NO Don't hang up. I'm sorry. You've got her beat by a ... by a ... well, there is no voice there. It's not even a competition. Anyway, Whitney you know this is what I do. I have leading ladies, and I flirt. It's true. But there is a time when all of that stops. We talked about that years ago when you walked away from me.
WH: Yeah, we talked about it. I knew you were running your 'flirting' game on me.
KC: I was not running a game. Why do you keep saying that? We're bonded for life. And if anybody takes the time to ask me, really ask me, I'll praise you to the heavens.
WH: Man, that's disrespectful to your first wife.
KC: Well, unfortunately, I pretty much saw that was ... for some reason that I don't know now it all ended. But men can get second chances at love. I haven't felt that for the last couple of girlfriends. Third chances, I'm not sure. I shouldn't have let you walk away from me.
WH: I was engaged. You had no say so.
KC: If I could do it over again, I'd tell the whole world to take a hike and never let you go.
WH: You would not.
KC: I would tell them that you're my second chance, my sweet miracle. I'd tell them you're as beautiful as a woman can be, that even God himself can't believe how he made something so perfect.
WH: (sniffs)
KC: Does what's his name ever tell you that?
WH: Let's not talk about him. Not today.
KC: OK! I'll take it. It's a start.