View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:37 PM
whitney&kevinforever
Part-Time Fan

Kevin Again tells us he loves HIS WHITNEY in a new interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirlA (View Post)
Thanks for posting

Oh gosh that is so very sad...

I agree !! You are a very good observer.

Thanks to GobSmacked82 for working on the convo I commisioned earlier today. You are so sweet, my friend and I know you will make us laugh and cry at the same time.

I am going to post the transcript of the snipet of Kevin's interview with Anderson Cooper and highlight the parts that struck us all the most. Kevin keeps talking and we keep learning more of what was going on with him and Whitney. Now we know there are two letters running around somewhere that he wrote to her and if the eulogy tells us something, they must be a must-read as he probably laid his heart out to her to try to make her change her destructive behavior and get the help she needed to get clean. As you guys all noted he body language and choice of words in this interview says even more than we could imagine about what he is thinking. Poor man!! This is way too sad. Someone said in a post that he said he tried to watch The Bodyguard and could not get through the first 10minutes. This is just too sad, my friends. We need to keep praying for Kevin to find peace with this whole sad situation because it must be very overwhelming. Like someone said, wait until Oprah or Diane Sawyer put their hands on him for an interview and he would have to say more and cough up those letters.

In His Own Words: Costner on Houston's Eulogy
April 10, 2012

Whitney Houston's home going ceremony last February was filled with countless unforgettable and poignant moments of praise in honor of the late singer. One in particular, delivered by Houston's friend and Bodyguard co-star Kevin Costner, remains one of the ceremony's most touching, and in a recent interview with Anderson Cooper airing this May, the actor gives the backstory on his emotional speech.
"The pressure began to mount and began to mount and there was the idea that maybe I would present a film clip at the Image Awards," he explained. "I thought Whitney is more to me than two or three lines, introducing a clip so to speak. So I said no."
Costner says he then resolved to avoid the limelight in regards to Whitney, however a call from Houston's cousin Dionne Warwick ultimately convinced the actor to contribute a few words in her honor at the pop star's funeral.
"I could feel that Dionne was tired and she was broken and so much was falling on her and she said, 'Would you speak?' And I thought, I didn't hesitate…the minute she asked me I said 'Yes, I will speak.' There was a great relief on Dionne's part and then suddenly the whole pressure of the situation shifted to me, or at least I felt it did which is probably the wrong way to look at things, it was really about Whitney. When I said 'yes' I kind of panicked at that point, what in the world would I say?"There was nary a dry eye in the house as Costner delivered his emotional speech that day, recalling the icon's beauty and spirit despite her recent trials and tribulations.
"There were some people that really loved Whitney and a couple times during the last seven/eight years [they] asked me would I write her a letter," he said. "Again, it's so odd. I mean, listen, I come exactly from where you come from. I know I have this level of celebrity and fame – international, national, whatever you want to refer to it – but it's pretty surreal thing to think, sometimes, that you're in the middle of another famous person's life, and you think to yourself, 'How the hell did I get famous?' What is this, some weird club that we're in? So when someone said, 'Would you write someone a letter who you know is having trouble,' I did. There were two occasions. I saw pretty much what everyone else saw. But when someone asked me to write a letter I did. I don't know if those letters were ever read."