View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 07:12 PM
GobSmacked82
Dedicated Fan

The Good Parents

So I was YouTubing on a number of topics, and came across this KC interview for a Canadian TV station. (Canadians and Europeans love them some Kevin Costner).

It's a great interview. He talks about his narrow escape from the disaster at the Coca Cola Stampede, and he has some really touching remarks about his kids. He always smiles when he talks about them. I especially like the part when he says that the one thing he prays for is that he will live long enough to raise his young kids, and teach them all about life. He says he doesn't want anyone else to do it. Soooo lovely! No disrespect at all to CB, whom KC describes as a good partner and who is no doubt a great mother, but I couldn't help think that KC and WH would have made a great set of parents in the same house. Wouldn't they? They both adored their kids and Whitney of course showed Bobbi Kristina with affection. And it was all real. Not performances for the cameras. In every interview about her pregnancy, with BK as a baby and through the years growing up, Whitney exuded pure joy and she was most at ease and radiant around Bobbi Kristina. Of course, Whitney stumbled in allowing herself to become a hard-core addict in front of a young child. But you can tell from their interactions that she was always, always kind and loving to Bobbi Kristina. Some addicts abuse their kids and traumatize them.

It's also remarkable that the Whitney who emerged under the influence never was reportedly belligerent, like an angry drunk or anything. She was always, I dunno, seeming needy.

Kevin Costner Calgary interview - YouTube