View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 06:43 PM
TrishaLyn17
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)

I agree that nothing Snow did in tonight's episode justifies all Regina has done since. I really didn't think they could come up with something bad enough short of Snow committing the murder herself.
Part of me thought that if the writers really intended to give some sort of justification for Regina's hatred towards Snow, they'd at least have Snow be some sort of bratty, snotty, spoiled little girl who went out of her way to try and get what she wanted.

But that isn't how she was portrayed at all. Snow was shown as a lonely little girl, who missed her mother and bonded with and saw Regina as some sort of mother-figure but ultimately was able to understand Regina's reasons for not wanting to marry her father. She seemed so happy for Regina and her true love and desperately wanted her to have everything and be happy. Her intentions were 100 percent pure.

I'm not sure whether I like where the writers have taken this or not. Part of me is glad that they're not trying to excuse or justify Regina's actions because IMO there is none. She is the ultimate antagonist and her behavior and actions should not be justified or excused.