View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Shiroja
New Fan

Kevin Costner views on Spirituality and Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirlA (View Post)
Very well said Shiroja& welcome . I agree with everything you said and I love the term you used to describe that scumbag b/c Ive called him that multiple times. I just wish I had the power to turn back time and put Whitney & Kevin together. He definitely didnt possess ANY of the qualities Whitney described in that video. Costner exudes those qualities to a T. I also remember watching the interview you mentioned where he discusses spirituality and he said in that same interview that he believes in afterlife & that when his loved ones pass away he believes he will see them again (aww).

Yes, I think we saw the same video. This interview was quite insightful about the private person Costner is, and not just his celebrity self. I think it took place in 2002, around the release of his film Dragonfly.

Kevin Costner talks about Spirituality, Love and His Children

When asked about his view on the after life - Costner said that he would like to believe that he would still be able to walk with the people he loves in some way, in the after life. In the same video he humbly says that he is blessed to have all that he has, that God must have given him his good fortune, and it's not all his own doing. Kevin is a down-to-earth guy. You can tell from how he relates to his kids and what he bought his dad when he first gained wealth (a practical gift that's so Kevin, and his dad wept).

The next part of the interview is interesting - he mentions that he's been bruised before in relationships (surely he's talking about his first divorce, but maybe he's also alluding to his missed love connection with Whitney?), and interestingly the interviewer asked him if he is in a relationship and whether he still believes in marriage and wants to remarry. Kevin replies that he was in a relationship but they're on a break currently (he shares that he is bruised but praises the woman he was seeing as a beautiful person). From the timing of this interview, my guess is he's talking about his 2nd wife and theyprobably broke-up at least once before getting back together and finally marrying...Kevin admits to the interviewer (who seems to be quite spell-binded with Kevin herself, lol - I don't blame her ) that he wants to remarry but doesn't want to divorce ever again. I guess his first divorce was quite painful for both him and his ex-wife, and their kids. After having been a couple for 16 years, it must be really difficult to separate your lives completely even though you're no longer in love with your spouse, and it's even harder when you have kids. So, having seen this interview, much as I believe as you gals do that his second wife is a substitute for his One True Love - because Kevin was lonely and needed a companion to travel in life with him, I don't wish for them to divorce now because poor Kevin would be alone for the rest of his life through his old age, and to have his second set of kids grow up in another divorced home is probably the last thing that he wants for them. I don't think Whitney would want that either. She'd want Kevin to experience the warmth, little happy moments and just watch his kids grow up in in a complete family. Not everyone gets to have an epic love, but if you're a responsible man like Kevin Costner who missed out on his epic love, you'd try to be contented with the love you can find, because life is too short.

And lastly, I love the part where Kevin mentions his meeting with Richard Burton on a plane, and how he saw that as a divine sign from God that he was meant to be an actor. LOL. He says if there is an after life, that he would really want to find Richard Burton again as they would have alot to talk about. Now, I truly, truly believe that Kevin is also wishing that there is an after life so that he can find his beloved Whitney once again and tell her all the things he wanted to say to her in life that he never got a chance to say. Don't you guys think so?

Quote:
He REALLY loved & genuinely cared about Whitney.Costner had his eye on Whitney before he even met her. Not too long ago I watched this interview Whitney did & the interviewer asked her about her reasons for deciding to take the role for the BodyGuard. Whitney said Kevin was the reason why she did the BodyGuard b/c he made her feel so comfortable and was so sweet and really believed that she could do it. She also said prior to taking the role, she asked Kevin how was it that he was so sure that she could succeed in doing the movie. She said that he said, "I just know you can" and he told her that he had been watching her and watching closely. Mind you she was giggling the entire time while saying this. I laughed when she said Kevin told her he had been watching her closely prior to her accepting the role. I said hmmmm, I know he was watching LOL
Awww, I would love to see this video! He has been watching Whitney for a very long time huh? LOL! You know, it just reminds me of the song 'Every Breath You Take' By Sting. "Every step you take, every move you make, I'll be watching you...." It's the anthem for the intense, single minded pursuit of one person, LOL. Another Sting song that fits Kevin and Whitney is "Every Little Thing she does is magic". The lyrics are totally describe the barely hidden feelings Kevin has for Whitney, don't you think?

"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"

Though I've tried before to tell her
Of the feelings I have for her in my heart
Every time that I come near her
I just lose my nerve
As I've done from the start

Every little thing she does is magic
Everything she do just turns me on
Even though my life before was tragic
Now I know my love for her goes on

Do I have to tell the story
Of a thousand rainy days since we first met