View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 05:01 AM
*OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Master Fan

Sure did! I listed my Melbourne ticket on eBay for a very good price - to make up the cost of my Sydney one, but there were no takers. I think it was meant to be that I ended up going to both. I had a brilliant time at each show for different reasons, so it all worked out wonderfully well. I'm so sorry to hear you had toruble finding a concert buddy. I have that problem with just about every show I go to, and Delta was no exception. I went to the Melbourne show alone, as I did with a previous instore. But it was worth every cent to see the second one with Eves. It was the first time we'd met so that was all very exciting. I remember those Oz Fun chats and the time Eves' mum wrote us a "hello" note! She really is that cool. Her whole family were lovely. I got on particularly well with her sister too. She took came along with us to the show and out to try Krispy Kreme doughnuts on another day. I was so impressed, I ended up with a box load for the flight home. It ended up being cancelled, but that's another story...

It's never a smooth transition, is it? Thanks for the luck! My thesis applies psychoanalytic theory to examine how introspective journeys of protagonists in supernatural fiction are exaggerated in the same way that day to day adolescents perceive themselves. My premise stems from a theoretic term called "the fantastic". It's that uncertainty in magic realist fiction when the boundaries between fantasy and reality are blurred. Characters generally distinguish between the two in order to perceive themselves and the world clearly. But I argue that it's an internalisation of the two that shapes and clarifies the adult perception for adolescent characters, and their adolescent counterparts. Hope I haven't bored you to death already with that vague synopsis! I haven trouble explaining it to anyone who asks. Right now it's in strings of notes and essays. I'm slowly getting it into chapter form and hoping a structure will aid my description when the next person asks!

Aw. Sorry to hear work's been rough on you! It's the hardest thing when you're unhappy, but aren't sure whether to move on or give it some more time just in case. If it's really getting you down it might be best to move on. But if there's a possibility that things may improve, there's only one way to find out. There's no harm in taking a little time to test the waters. Best of luck deciding what to do, Bel. I know what you mean about the cost of travel. While booking my Cairns trip, I was astounded at the airfares and accomodation costs and that was only domestic and off-peak. I've accepted that there's no way I'll be travelling again anytime soon until I have ayear of full time work under my belt. We all have to treat ourselves with a little shopping on and offline too.

I love that about FF too! It's great to be able to keep up with your friends in between all the on topic discussion. FF truly is a community in that sense.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie