View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:05 AM
'Tos
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koni
First of all Ephram needed to be in a relationship in Season 2. If he wasn't I would have ended up disliking Amy even more and I would be annoyed by Ephram and his pining over her. She didn't want to be with him, he needed to move on.
Yup, I think that follows the Ephram needed to stop being the puppy dog after Amy and gain a little upper-hand that a few of us see too. It'll always be controversial, though, whether he truly needed that or not, but I do agree that Madison did him good in that sense.

Quote:
Amy wanted to change Ephram mostly in the beginning of Season 1 - when she told him that he has to have more friends. Mhm, first of all if someone that I know for 3 weeks tells me that, I would react the way Ephram did. No one tells me that without consequences. If she likes to have numerous friends, I don't. I choose my friends very carefully.
Hmm, good point. It's also interesting because Amy, even then, seems dissatisfied with her friends who make fun of him. Like, when they dis-invite him to the birthday party, she knows that they're acting assy, and I think she even says something about how they're not the best friends. And then when you look at what happens in S2, when she loses all her so called friends, or in S4 when she has trouble making friends. It's never been about quantity, but quality, and Amy knew that even in S1! But...I always say that the deer from "Deer God" was one of Ephram's best friends, so she had a point that he needed a friend. Still, it's interesting that she says this to Ephram knowing that she doesn't really have many--or any if you look at how her friendships progressed beyond the core group of Ephram, Bright and Hannah--true, quality friends at that point in her life. I think that's partly what draws her to Ephram: his honesty. She didn't have much of that going for her when it came to her friends.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote