View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 02:45 AM
bbroccs
Total Fan

Unfortunately haters are part every fandom. You will always come across somebody who will ruin things for everyone else. Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to an opinion but there is a difference between expressing an opinion and just being downright nasty and hateful about an actor, ship or character.

It bothers me particularly in relation to comments about the actors or ships. I understand people not liking a character and I have probably posted some comments myself about that in the past. But I always try to express my opinions about a character in a respectful way and try not to upset fans. but nasty comments about the actors performance and particular ships are uncalled for. I think everyone should be allowed to ship whatever couple they like and not be asked to justify it. Ship and let ship I say. In the end what harm is doing to anyone. Some people like Freddie/Effy. Some people like Cook/Effy. The world would be a very boring place if we all liked the same things.

As for Kaya haters. That is something I don't understand. The girl is phenomenal in the role of Effy. Did they not see her season 3 episode. Flawless performance particularly that scene where she comes out of Freddie's shed. One of my favourite Skins moments ever. But as I said you will always see nasty people who obvously have nothing better to do than post hateful comments about real people.

What I don't understand is why they feel the need to do this. If you don't like a ship then just ignore fan threads and such. Nobody is forcing others to watch fanvids, read fanfic.If you don't like it just ignore it. It's what I do. If you don't like an actor then leave the people who do like them alone and refrain from posting horrible comments on the internet about them. As I said above everyone is entitled to their opinions but those opinions should be expressed in a way that is respectful to fans and doesn't insult the actors or shippers.

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.