View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 03:35 PM
diamond gothic
Elite Fan

I agree Becky. That scene was just....gah. Joy/Paul's chem totally shined through and Joy is such a good crier and just everything about the scene was love from start to end. One of my all time fav scenes for sure.

This scene was just beautiful as a Haley fan to see. To have Dan apologise about Keith (they've always glossed over the fact that she lost Keith too, until this season), the thanking her for her help saying he couldn't do it without her, telling her she's Nate's best thing and how wrong he was, and finally...Lydia/Jamie. Seeing Dan look at them with so much love, Haley giving Dan the gift of telling him that Lydia will always know (with Jamie) how much he loved them. That he wasn't defined by just shooting Keith anymore. And the way she looked at him looking at Lydia/Jamie. The way she crumpled her face and got even more teary when she heard Jamie, her son, saying he can't be strong. I bet it reminded her of herself when she told Lydia she didn't want to be stong. And bonus...Lydia wasn't ignored! Yay! LOL I just loved that Haley got to have her moment with him and it ended on her with her kids saying goodbye to Dan. It was fitting. Because for Haley it always comes down to her kids. The reason she wrerstled with what Dan did vs letting them be in their lives is because of her children.

I loved the writing & content for the other scenes, but acting wise/music/dialogue everything was nailed in this scene perfectly (apart from the disapearing shoe act, lol). Like for instance I loved the Dan/Nate/RC scene but for me it was Paul who carried that scene and it was Dan's moment..I love James, but Paul was leaps and bounds good. This scene belonged to both Paul and Joy.

And Joy...oh Joy. She honestly looked like a angel in that scene.

I'm so happy we got a final Dan/Haley scene that was so emotional. This season has given Joy/Haley a lot of quality material but if S9 had existed just to get this scene I would have been glad for this season (same with the NH reunion scene which had more passion and love than all of S8 combined plus a million more).

Last edited by diamond gothic; 03-24-2012 at 03:41 PM