View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 PM
fractured moonlight
Fan Forum Legend

I get so pissed at some of the stuff they do with Draco's scenes. They either cut them or change them a little bit. Like the scene in HBP. I don't understand why they changed the line from "he will kill my family" to "he will kill me" (or at least I think that first line is what he said in the book). While both show Draco is only doing what he has to to survive I was a little disappointed with the change. But overall I do still love the scene. (And Tom's acting was .)

Was that part in the books? I can't remember. Either way though I think it sucks they cut it out. I thought it was a great moment for Draco's character. But again they seem to love cutting out lots of Draco stuff. But I'm glad they at least let Harry ask why Draco never gave him away even though he knew it was him when they were at Malfoy Manor.

I agree. I do think he was snobbish and could be a jerk too but definitely not bad/evil. I don't think Draco ever wanted to join the DE or even really believed in Voldemort and his ideas but his family did and grew up being told Purebloods are better and Voldemort is our leader and etc. But even through all that as the years went by you could tell Draco struggled with doing what he was told and doing what he believed to be right. He was fighting between bravery and survival. And I can't blame him for choosing survival when he did. And then when we did get bravery from him (like him not revealing it was Harry) I think it shows how truly strong Draco was.

And Tom is amazing.