View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 10:35 PM
mary ksand
Elite Fan

I never saw Draco as a villian either. Personally, I'm not the one who falls for "bad boy with layers" type of character, because in most cases I honestly cannot see those layers or see where a character is coming from in his/her actions, which usually annoy me because they are not only harmful but are being justified by his/her tragic or complex nature. However, with Draco it was different because with him I could actually see the motivation behind his actions and his side of things was understandable. He didn't do something nonsensical and violent just for the sake of it being nonsensical and violent. He was a bad boy of the books because he went against the main characters, but he came from his own ideals and when it comes to a big picture he did not do anything that would be utterly awful or over the top bad, he had his own morals and he loved his family, he cared about people he loved and he couldn't kill even for the sake of a great idea of serving Voldemort. As for Tom, he added so much passion to his character and Draco's scenes.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr