View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
ElectricHearts
Fan Forum Star

there's a video on set footage now.. i dont think they will be pleased about that..

benedict on zach

Quote:
With all the hullabaloo caused by the recently leaked photos from the "Star Trek 2" set, people are getting a wee bit distracted from the bigger picture surrounding the film: They're actually making the sequel, people! Let's be content with that happy news and the fact that all our favorite castmembers from the first film have returned, as well as a few very welcome additions, chief among them current actor-in-everything Benedict Cumberbatch.

MTV News recently caught up with the "Sherlock," "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" and "War Horse" actor to find out how things are going on set and his thoughts about his castmates' very high praise for how the British actor has elevated their collective game.

"Well, it's very sweet to say," Cumberbatch told us at Elton John's Oscar viewing party in regards to Chris Pine's compliments. "I actually did a year at drama school, so I'm not that trained; I'm not that classical, but I'm flattered. I think they are brilliant on that show, and it's a real privilege to be on that set. There's a patter and a kind of knowledge of who they're playing and the other main characters, which I'm learning a lot from. It's just good fun. It's great to work with Chris. He's very professional. So is Zach [Quinto], who I've been working a lot with; I adore him, he's a brilliant, brilliant guy.

"I'm kinda getting busy with the film now," Cumberbatch teased of his villainous character's actions in and around deep space. "I've been away doing other things — 'The Hobbit,' which was fantastic. And so my part of the film is really sorta kicking in now. It's great fun, great, great fun. But what I'm trying to say is it's a great thing to come into something that everybody's familiar with and knows each other very well. So it's [in] a weird way a very easy thing to get up to speed with, because everybody is so welcoming and gets along with one another."
'Star Trek 2' Cast 'Welcoming' To Benedict Cumberbatch - MTV Movie News| MTV