View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 09:12 PM
grayk04
Loyal Fan

I loved this episode. and i'm confident that i would've enjoyed a fairytale serial killer arc over a two part episode more than the CIA thing. i really liked this episode a lot. it was funny, quippy, there were loads of moments and

BECKETT HELD CASTLE'S HAND.

without any nearby danger or risk or threatening situations. it was all just because she was in the moment and enjoying him and his family. i think that's huge. when i compare it to Cuffed, which is in my brain the standout moment before this where Beckett made her affection for Castle implicit, that was just a comment. An offhand remark about being okay with the idea of spending a night handcuffed to him.
This was Beckett actually taking his hand and letting the moment happen. i think that's big.

Foreshadowing was all over the place this episode though, the most concerning being the exploding secrets. Clearly the last six episodes of this season are going to be intense.
Also Martha writing a story about Castle's life/childhood/history says to me that the Daddy arc is going to be touch on again soon.

[edit] in response to above, there's a break between episodes to allow them time for production. in TV they like to stay about three episodes ahead and right now they're only filming like 4x19. It's pretty common for networks to schedule breaks after the big sweeps episodes to allow the shows time to catch up and produce more episodes.