View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 04:09 AM
soulmatejunkee
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
brian's parents didn't teach him anything though... except how to recite the story about how his father wanted him aborted, the end. regardless of all that, he still loved his parents, i think.
I think so too. Which makes it even more sad. Even after everything Brian was always waiting for his parents to show him their love and he was willing to forgive and forget until the very end. That's sad and it tells truth that:

Quote:
in fact, i'd argue he had a bigger heart than any other character.
But I still think that comes out of the childhood.

Quote:
and how is comparing justin and brian not fair?
Brian never really learned how to love and that love can be unconditional; Justin did. Justin always felt loved and saved and familiar happiness - for Justin it changed when he was 17 - for Brian it never began in the first place. So this is a huge difference IMO.

In Season 1 it became sort of similar, since it was obvious - to us - that now both of them were waiting for their parents to show their unconditional love. But while Justin got some love from his mother (I agree in S1 she was not mother of the year), Brian didn't get anything. And here we see the differences again.

Justin is able to let love and support happen (Brian, Debbie), while Brian keeps pushing people away, because he never learned that love can be unconditional and that people not always expect anything in return.

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi